Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have you ever dumped a significant other for a airline career?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Title says it all. Ever left someone for a aviation job or career because it would be easier or they were not open to the "airline" lifestyle? (wish I could do a poll)

Many pilots I have worked with have done this 3-4 times. Two to three ex wives, 4 kids with 3 women, and still trying to screw the hot new flight attendant to mess up the current relationship. I know it is not limited to the aviation industry but it sure seems to be predominant.

Title says it all. Ever left someone for a aviation job or career because it would be easier or they were not open to the "airline" lifestyle? (wish I could do a poll)

Dont do it...not for this career!

It's called AIDS

Lots of airline pilots have this. THere is now cure for it. No immunization, or pill you can take. It is spreading and is very insidious.

It is Airline Induced Devorce Syndrome ;)

Not worth it. Not anymore. Chances are your significant other will outlast any airline today with oil prices at $110/barrel (and will continue to rise).

Stick with her.

I dated a girl 6+ years (thru college and 2 after) and thought we were going to ge married but when I got my first 121 gig she wasn't with the life so she left me. o well - should have saw it comming - got my first 135 airline job out of college and she could put up with that (as an fo I was part of the sked 135, basically tue to thru flying) but after a year I upgraded and was traditional on demand 135 (24-7 pager) and that sealed the breakup deal.

guess she thought i outgrow the flying thing and get a job in engineering (what I majored in) and do the 9 to 5 thing. Sorry babe, not me, I have this f'ing desease called "aviation" in my blood.

Women come and go. Aviation will always be there for you. If your significant other was THAT significant, they would not ask you to stop pursuing your lifelong dream.

M.O.B. Money over B*tchs......

This coming from a guy that works at Mesa. You need option C. No money, and not home enough to find any b*tchs.

Just yanking your chain!

To the OP, it all depends on how significant the other is. If this is a short term, Mrs. right-now, leave her for the job. Those kind are like a bus. There will be another one coming along shortly. If she is a great long-term prospect, and what you really want, you would be a well served to pick her over this so-called "career."

Women come and go. Aviation will always be there for you. If your significant other was THAT significant, they would not ask you to stop pursuing your lifelong dream.

True that women are a dime a dozen coming out of a decently look relationship for my age I realized thank god that ******************** is over. As upset as I was it probably would have never worked out considering the schedule I would have. Easiest way for me to get over it was realize that there is going to be a women that will love me for who I am and understand the reason why I fly because its a passion and if they don't want to deal with it they can peace the fu*k out!

Latest resources

Back