• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have any of you simply pulled back???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a ferry pilot and my job entails flying airplanes I know nothing about. Theres only a few things you need to know to fly any airplane. Look at the bottom of the white arc. Take that number X's 1.2, thats your Vr, 1.3 thats your final approach speed. Climb out at the top of the white arc and shoot approaches at the top of the white arc. Know the gear speed and if in a twin fly final approach at or above blue line. Simple as that. Ive flown over 20 different makes and models of planes over the past 10 months and its true, an airplane is an airplane. If it has an engine and wings it'll fly.

The hardest part is usually getting them started. After that, pull back, houses get smaller, push forward, houses get bigger.

USMCmech said:
What amazes me is that so many pilots belive that this is an FAA requirement, not so!

Your pilot liscense says "Private Pilot, airplane/single engine land" Than means provided you have the apropriate endorsements you can hop into ANY single engine airplane.

Get your PPL in a PA-28, get your HP & complex endorsements in Bonanza, hop right into a Caravan and fire it up. Never touched a turboprop before in your life? Not an issue in the eyes of the FAA.

Only when you start flying a few of the old WW2 fighters does the FAA step in requireing a letter of authorization (LOA) for anything bigger than an AT-6.

no where in my staement does it say that it's an FAA requirment. ive rented from 4 or 5 diffrent fbos and they all required at least a checkout. one back in my home town requires one every 90 days if you're not a regular student of theirs which is BS i tthink

RichardRambone said:
If it has an engine and wings it'll fly.

How true. And if it has enough wing, it doesn't need an engine and vice versa.

As John and Martha like to say "Keep the shiny side up, the dirty side down, and please, stay out of the trees!"

ackattacker said:
How true. And if it has enough wing, it doesn't need an engine and vice versa.

As John and Martha like to say "Keep the shiny side up, the dirty side down, and please, stay out of the trees!"

Sir,

Please refrain from any John and Martha quotes, references, or inferences as I am still trying to recover from a devastating case of severe chronic catatonic boredom from watching their dvd's before my PPL checkride. I am yet to recover fully and still subject to flashbacks and outbursts in anger over the wasted two hundred dollars on those videos.

Sincerely,

Nooky

Latest resources

Back