Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have any of you gone out your way to do this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had him potentially on my jump.
Flight was delayed, so he got to lecture me on how friendly and outgoing he is, wanting to know what I did to be the same way.
While the flight was delayed, he was on the jetway calling my chief pilot asking him if he would authorize reimbursement if I purchased pizza for every passenger due to the delay.
Is this what you want? A captain telling you how to do your job? You want your chief pilot asking you questions about why he got a phonecall with your name mentioned?

The reason for the delay was Weather and Flow into ORD due to bad weather..nothing that could have been controlled by United or my airline.

Capt F went on about how if there are soldiers on the flight, he asks first class pax to give up their seats, over the PA till they all go back to coach letting soldiers sit in first class. Can you imagine saving up for a vacation, finally purchasing a first class ticket and this guy gives you a guilt trip to give up your seat?

When I saw my Chief, I asked him in great detail if he got that phone call about pizza. Thank goodness he has already had some dealings with this guy and knew it wasn't anything that was my idea. My chief also asked me if Capt F encouraged me to move onto another airline. He was kinda upset, stating that we are having enough trouble keeping good people..not that he was refering to me... :)

My First Officer and I heard the best words anyone can hear just prior to the door closing:
"Theres an open seat in the back!"

On the flight to ORD we discussed about 6 items that Capt F participated in, including giving out his personal E mail address and Cell Phone number to each and every passenger.

This was an encounter I won't soon forget, and it was about a year ago!

I had him potentially on my jump.
Flight was delayed, so he got to lecture me on how friendly and outgoing he is, wanting to know what I did to be the same way.
While the flight was delayed, he was on the jetway calling my chief pilot asking him if he would authorize reimbursement if I purchased pizza for every passenger due to the delay.
Is this what you want? A captain telling you how to do your job? You want your chief pilot asking you questions about why he got a phonecall with your name mentioned?

The reason for the delay was Weather and Flow into ORD due to bad weather..nothing that could have been controlled by United or my airline.

Capt F went on about how if there are soldiers on the flight, he asks first class pax to give up their seats, over the PA till they all go back to coach letting soldiers sit in first class. Can you imagine saving up for a vacation, finally purchasing a first class ticket and this guy gives you a guilt trip to give up your seat?

When I saw my Chief, I asked him in great detail if he got that phone call about pizza. Thank goodness he has already had some dealings with this guy and knew it wasn't anything that was my idea. My chief also asked me if Capt F encouraged me to move onto another airline. He was kinda upset, stating that we are having enough trouble keeping good people..not that he was refering to me... :)

My First Officer and I heard the best words anyone can hear just prior to the door closing:
"Theres an open seat in the back!"

On the flight to ORD we discussed about 6 items that Capt F participated in, including giving out his personal E mail address and Cell Phone number to each and every passenger.

This was an encounter I won't soon forget, and it was about a year ago!
I commend his above and beyond attitude in general, but after reading this he needs a little education on regional airline stuff...ie trying to pry open the wallet of a CP at a regional. Can get a guy in trouble there. But overall, I think the average regional airline pilot can use a little advice on customer service from this guy...just keep the scope of the effort realistic. Remember the thread on how it was "uncool" to answer where the bathroom / gate/ baggage claim was?

Holy crap, had this guy on our jumpseat out of ORD, cant remember where we were going. Flying the EMB we rarely get an actual jumpseater up front because of the weight issues we have, but I remember him vividly. It was either end of December or end of January, he introduced himself, seemed very friendly and no problems. Was very quiet, once we got out of sterile he asked my Captain when he was going to make the PA, Captain said I usually wait till we get to cruise altitude. Captain F said, and I quote "thats a very unprofessional attitude to take, our job as Captain is to keep our passengers informed at all times" My Captain told him that he will conduct his flight on his aircraft in what ever way he sees fit. And then at cruise he just shut off the seatbelt sign and did not say anything to the passengers. It was a very uncomfortable flight, the three of us did not say a word other then required checklist and calls.

Once on the ground while the passengers and CA F were waiting for their valet bags we heard him apologizing to the passengers for the lack of information that they received during the flight, and he told them that where he works at united they always keep everyone informed all of the time. Our flight attended said that he was also handing out what looked like business cards.

Wow. He was unbelievably disrespectul of someone who had given him a free ride. It is not his flight so he should keep his mouth shut. It seems like he has good intentions but do that on your own flight. He shouldn't have put down the crew to the passengers.

oops thanks for catching that spelling error. :) I was too busy thinking about how much a cheeseburger cost in the ATL airport.

They did a segment on the Today show this morning about him.

Total geek and too serious. He didn't even get the humor of the ditsy female correspondant who tagged along on his flight and did the story.

They even filmed him doing his "second flight...............of the day" PA shtick at the gate. How god awful corny.

Latest resources

Back