• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hat Policies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reminds me of a guy who wouldn't wear his wedding ring to work, claiming it could get caught in the a/c window and take off his finger. The fact that he cheated on his wife was something this puke was too cowardly to admit.
The moral: If you are committed to something, you shouldn't try to hide it.
I don't expect the feeder guys to live up to these standards as they have enough to worry about with all the submarining from fellow aviators. However, an example of professionalism must be set and I expect all major pilots to meet this minimum of appearance.
I require my FOs' to abide by the high standards of our companys dress code and applaud our mgt. pilots when they beotch-slap those who don't.
Now if we could just get pilots to throw out their Fvcking Rockports and get some class!

Oh....I saw a feeder pilot carrying an electric keyboard last week in the terminal. I really wanted to see if he could blow me a few measures of; "Oh my anus sings with this thing shoved in so deep!'

Looking to poll the regionals/majors on wearing the hat on the ramp.

Do any carriers have written hat policies allowing crewmembers the option not to wear hats on the ramp? i.e. because of safety & FOD

We've gone hats-optional now (unfortunately), but when the hat was required at PCL the FOM specifically stated "expect on the aircraft or on the ramp." If it's sized right then it shouldn't blow off and be a FOD hazard, but better safe than sorry I guess.

I only wear my Todd shield....err....dang....can I still make Todd jokes. Anyhow I only wear it passing through Portland to keep the acp's off my back. I wish it was optional. I know most qx guys/gals prolly feel the same. Oh and it's fun to rest it on the side of a beer mug
<------

I only wear my Todd shield....err....dang....can I still make Todd jokes. Anyhow I only wear it passing through Portland to keep the acp's off my back. I wish it was optional. I know most qx guys/gals prolly feel the same. Oh and it's fun to rest it on the side of a beer mug
<------

Is Todd gone?

Hat optional at Skywest, and I don't wear one because it will mess up my...

Can't do it!!! Happy trails and bottoms up.

Is Todd gone?

Well, gone in the sense theat he "resigned" from the ACP office.

Here's the letter:

Greetings,
It's time. Having served in the Assistant Chief Pilot and Manager, Pilot Services position for 11 years, I have decided to return to the line and to relax a little. Family and schedule needs have changed for me, and this job was never meant to be forever. I have been lucky to work with a wonderful Flight Operations team, and those friendships will continue. It's time for new players to advance and try new ideas.
I have enjoyed the frequent and positive contact with this amazing pilot group, knowing names and families, and I look forward to seeing you on the line. I will miss making the upgrade calls, and the opportunities to listen in times of need. You have helped me grow and succeed. I have learned so much; now, I must learn how to bid.
As always,
Todd

At Air Wisconsin, hats are still supposed to be worn, but I see fewer and fewer doing so. Mostly, FOs. Besides I don't need to hide the fact my hairline gets higher and higher everyday.

Republic Airways crews must wear hats when in the eye of the public.
I would say 95% of the pilot group does wear their hats. The hat police are out and about now days.

If I wear my hat, it just gives people one more excuse to ask me stupid questions. And no, I don't know where your luggage is.Before the bashing starts, I will gladly point any and all pax in the general direction for bags, gate, pickup, starbucks, etc. It just gets annoying after a night in the crewroom.

I wouldn't mind seeing the hats get ditched during summer uniform guidelines. Nothing like having sweat pouring off your head because the damn hat doesn't allow your head to release heat.

Latest resources

Back