• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hat issue makes it to the Media

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our pilots’ all black uniforms are functional yet hip,” said Virgin America spokesperson Abby Lunardini.

Hmmm. So I get to fly an A320 for crap wages and dress like a black jack dealer from Las Vegas?

I’m in!

Priceless!

Ever notice that EVERY SINGLE photo of a Southwest pilot in uniform they sport a hat?

For the record- that's not true- many ads- esp tv commercials- there are pilots with and w/o hats

But Southwest REALLY isn't the place to be talking about the hat, considering the rep of hat-wearers here. At other airlines where its a choice, it's just a preference or weather related. Here, its a statement, and usually from someone who has a higher opinion of their abilities and "professionalism" than they tend to demonstrate....

(disclaim: as w/ all stereotypes, there are exceptions- but this one is fairly well earned.)

What's funny is I'd prefer to be more of a stickler- especially on weight issues- but definitely shoes shined and ironed and clean clothes- (ie-new shirts w/o pit stains)--
But the hat's just silly in 2011- I find nothing that professional about it

a somewhat irrelevant yet somewhat indicative occurrence proving this career is declining in esteem..... and pay....... and QOL.

Latest resources

Back