• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hat issue makes it to the Media

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being mistaken for a skycap doesn't seem to me a convincing reason for not wearing a hat. It promotes baldness? No one seems to mention baseball caps for that.

Being mistaken for a skycap doesn't seem to me a convincing reason for not wearing a hat. It promotes baldness? No one seems to mention baseball caps for that.

If it were sunnier in the terminal I could maybe justify wearing the hats. If hats are mandatory, so should be sunglasses. Nothing says "respect my authority" like aviator shades.

Yeah, let's get it down to a high-quality T-shirt with the tie and shoulderboards silkscreened on. I'm sure the company would like the subversive psychological effects of gradually removing the icons of professionalism so that it becomes even more difficult to justify professional salaries.

"That guy in the T-shirt wants HOW much?? Tell him to strap on his leaf blower and get back to work!"

Yeah, let's get behind whatever facilitates more of that!

Yeah, let's get it down to a high-quality T-shirt with the tie and shoulderboards silkscreened on. I'm sure the company would like the subversive psychological effects of gradually removing the icons of professionalism so that it becomes even more difficult to justify professional salaries.

"That guy in the T-shirt wants HOW much?? Tell him to strap on his leaf blower and get back to work!"

Yeah, let's get behind whatever facilitates more of that!

Wear the hat and proud of it.

Agreed. Keep the hat. Messes up the hair??? That's so lame. Metro-sexual vain comment. Shut up pretty boy and try to look professional.

The burger king guy has to wear a hat, so do doctors, lawyers, politicians, airline execs.... Oh wait....Only pilots and the burger king guy....hummmm... yea, that makes me feel "professional". The only pilots who want to wear the hat are ego nuts who seem to thing there is any respect left in this "profession."

Agreed. Keep the hat. Messes up the hair??? That's so lame. Metro-sexual vain comment. Shut up pretty boy and try to look professional.

Wearing a hat indoors is stupid looking, not professional looking.

Now you're probably going to post a reply to the effect that wearing a hat indoors isn't stupid and it's "professional looking" because you say it is. If your reasoning can't get any better than that don't bother trying.

Wearing a hat indoors is stupid looking, not professional looking.

Now you're probably going to post a reply to the effect that wearing a hat indoors isn't stupid and it's "professional looking" because you say it is. If your reasoning can't get any better than that don't bother trying.

Know what is professional looking? 18 days a month off, 300k a year, ski boat full of teenage hookers. Add a house in Tahoe, condo in Hawaii, and one in domicile to hang my hat from. If wearing a jimmyhat on my head will get the above I will pull it on!
PBR

Know what is professional looking? 18 days a month off, 300k a year, ski boat full of teenage hookers. Add a house in Tahoe, condo in Hawaii, and one in domicile to hang my hat from. If wearing a jimmyhat on my head will get the above I will pull it on!
PBR

+10

Nominate: Post of the year

Latest resources

Back