• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has Delta Called You Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ainokea, I am just your average military jet guy getting off active duty. I easily meet Delta's requirements. They are less than some. I did nothing but apply a few weeks ago and got the email. You do not get a call, you get an email. So make sure it would not get blocked by your spam filters or something. I probably just got lucky getting the email so soon, or maybe they wanted to throw a military guy into the mix. I imagine a lot of military guys have not applied to Delta and are looking for more job security. Good luck to all

From the horses mouth:
There are only 1500 or so qualified applicants on file at big D.

That can't be right. CAL received something like 15,000 apps in the first week. How can DAL only have received 1500?

That can't be right. CAL received something like 15,000 apps in the first week. How can DAL only have received 1500?

CAL is not bankrupt and facing a hostile takeover. Much more security there for those at the bottom of the list. Not sure why anyone would risk coming over to Delta right now.

Interesting enough, lasy week I got an e-mail from AIRAPPS informing me that DELTA is accepting applications and encouraging me to apply. Hummmmm. . . .

CAL is not bankrupt and facing a hostile takeover. Much more security there for those at the bottom of the list. Not sure why anyone would risk coming over to Delta right now.

I would. I live 20 minutes from the employee lot in ATL. It's worth the risk to end the commute from hell up to DTW.

PCL,

At my airline, out of every ten guys that say they would go there, only 1-2 have actually filled out the app....they say its too long, blah, blah, etc. But I do agree, they are deep in BK and have merger threats flying around......pretty risky......but I would do it.

There are only 1500 or so qualified applicants on file at big D

Immpossible. With the low mins nearly every regional FO is qualified.
  • Minimum of 1,200 hours of total documented flight time
  • Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time
One year and you are qualified. Not a lick of PIC needed. I bet between ASA and Comair pilots you have 1500 applications on file.

From the horses mouth:
There are only 1500 or so qualified applicants on file at big D. The first 36 that were called were Legacy's, Major Internal Recs, or guys and gals that had a nod five years ago. It truly is a matter of time until you are called.
Intervieweing on Tues, Wed and Thurs, eight pilots a day. 200 for the year on current numbers. Interview is the same as it was last time. Difference is that you better have darn good attendace at your current job.

ACL65, thanks for the good info. What exactly did you mean by "you must have darn good attendance at your current job."

What I am telling you is what I have been told. The exact number is 1538. I am not sure if that is with their filter or not. That is all that they are looking at.
In reference to the attendance. They will want you to sign a release for your current employer to release you attendace records. They do not want to see a lot of sick calls around holidays. If you have and it has a pattern it pay hurt you. That is what I have been told. Now it is up to your company to release that information. They are not required to do so.

Latest resources

Back