• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has anyone on had a crash??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never crashed an airplane, or crashed in an airplane. I have had fires and failures and even an on-board explosion, but never crashed in an airplane.

I scratched the fabric on the wingtip of a cub once, and tweaked the nosegear on a B24/4Y while taxiing with a full load. We changed the nosegear bogie, but never could find any actual damage to the removed unit.

I had a hard landing once; the landing was fine, but a hard landing inspection was performed because of some local politics.

That's about it.

What about the stock market crash?

I Lost $60K in paper value on CSCO stock alone.

I have been flying models(RC) for the last 15 years.

I can tell you some spectacular stories on the bunches of airplanes that have gone in.

I don't fly the helicopters though, allthough I have been thinking about it. One thing that is funny about those, when they crash, its a wild sight. They just beat them selves to pieces before you can shut the engine off.

And after a crash, you fold the antenna, turn the radio off and go pick up the pieces.

I crashed and burned real horribly one day; I don’t think they ever found all the debris either. I have mental as well as physical scares from it to this very day.

Had to be one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. Even the crowd who witnessed it cringed in agony as it unfolded before their very eyes.

Fortunately I have since tried a different variation of the same maneuver; I succeeded and have since, married her.

What???

Oh you meant airplanes… well I’ve crashed in the box before, does that count?

TMMT
:D

"If the flight crew survives the accident you will never know the truth." Skygod.com

I crashed the Boeing 777 most of the times that I tried to fly it. Couldn't get used to the glass, I guess. MS 2000.

And I thought I was a perfessional. I guess all the time I been flying, the capt has been doing the hard stuff. And he told me that he only had his hand on the yoke to use the mike button - I never did understand how that worked with a hand mike.

Sometimes in lieu of crashing I thrust my dong into a wood chipper and scream "In the name of allah!" Although I would never do it with an erection for obvious reasons it does give the closest sensation I can think of to actually crashing.

RT

Disclaimer: Whenever you do anything really stupid always preface it by screaming "In the name of allah!"

Tri-Holer - you're not too far from the real 777 pilots! I've flown on a 777 on several occasions, and always feel like I'm six feet from the grave on every landing! Well, six feet plus however high the cabin is on a 777. :D

Not EVERY landing is terrible, but at least most of them have been. I wonder what it is about that plane....

Ouch, RT.

You have to shout 'allah ackbar' before leaning forward to get the full effect.

Oh, yeah. Crash.

I was 10, in the back of a Tripacer, landing in a gusty crosswind. Dad misjudged the wind and over-corrected us into a landing light. A little torn fabric, and some long faces, but no real damage. In fact I think that light is still rusting behind the FBO...

Latest resources

Back