Has anyone heard this term?

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
I was asked the other day if I had any FLAS operations time. I have never heard of it and was wondering if someone else had?

Thanks in advance

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Never heard of it. Who asked you, and in what context?

con-pilot

Total Time
I was asked the other day if I had any FLAS operations time. I have never heard of it and was wondering if someone else had?

Thanks in advance

Well, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I've never heard of it either. But then I'm an old retired fart.

FLAS huh. :confused:

hawkerjock

This is all I got:

Higher Education Title VI

FLAS (Foreign Language and Area Studies) Fellowships
Application

Each year the United States Department of Education awards Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships to universities in order to promote the training of students who intend to make their careers in college or university teaching, government service, or other employment where knowledge of foreign cultures is a prerequisite for success.​

ot:​

Last edited:

con-pilot

Total Time
This is all I got:

Higher Education Title VI

FLAS (Foreign Language and Area Studies) Fellowships
Application

Each year the United States Department of Education awards Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships to universities in order to promote the training of students who intend to make their careers in college or university teaching, government service, or other employment where knowledge of foreign cultures is a prerequisite for success.​

ot:​

That is what I got as well when I Googled it, didn't see how that applied to aviation at all.

svcta

"Kids these days"-AAflyer
Total Time
SOLO!

Thanks in advance

Should have asked the guy who asked you. Sounds like a "FLETCH" situation to me.

jet2work

Feelin Like A Stud.... Happens every time you walk up the stairs of a Gulfstream.:pimp:

I think they were asking if you had any G Whiz experience. ;)

Last edited:

tomgoodman

Total Time
A typo?

Perhaps the question was about "Flag" operations, as opposed to Domestic and Supplemental.

guido411

ShesGoneFromSucktoBLOW!!
Total Time
Feelin Like A Stud.... Happens every time you walk up the stairs of a Gulfstream.:pimp:

I think they were asking if you had any G Whiz experience. ;)

That's wierd; I always Feel Like A Stud when I'm sitting at home imagining a Gulfstream pilot walking up the stairs while his bag is packed for a week long trip.:p

Suffice to say from the response here that NOBODY has FLAS time, don't worry about it.

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Total Time
Flight Level Allocation Scheme

MF!!

Little SPX is likely right.

They were probably asking, in a very dorky way, if you had been to China/Russia since they redid the RVSM system there. Its a 5 minute PDF review. Whatever.

http://www.vatprc.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=114&lang=en

Sometimes FLAS's are also allocoated at coast in/coast out during Atlantic crossings to utilize more levels

See Chapter 9 page 4 in the following guide. I actually helped in writing this document.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP 694.pdf

In reality, if someone asks you such a loaded, stupid question at an interview you dont want to work for them anyhow, and should seriously consider bitch slapping them right there on the spot.

:)

Last edited:

jet2work

That's wierd; I always Feel Like A Stud when I'm sitting at home imagining a Gulfstream pilot walking up the stairs while his bag is packed for a week long trip.:p

Suffice to say from the response here that NOBODY has FLAS time, don't worry about it.

I think what you are seeing him carry is his "Benjamin Pile." Most pilots can get away with just carrying a wallet. The Gulfstream pilot normally needs a large duffle bag to haul his cash around.:nuts: