• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has anyone heard from Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember that too! It probably was to early to know exactly what vacancies they were actually going to have then. But I am happy with whatever they have to offer.

Latest award 05-12 showing August 29th new hire classes:

3 DTW Saab FOs
9 MEM Saab FOs (12 Saab FOs)

4 MEM Avro FOs

4 MSP CRJ FOs

Last edited:
Just to reiterate Mesaba's hiring "plans" according to a memo dated back to late May.

Class Dates / Size

[font=PHHAE G+ Helvetica,Helvetica]
ARJ CA – one class a month through November.

CRJ CA – two classes a month starting in August through end of our Fiscal year.

SF3 CA – two classes a month from June to September then we will switch back to one class per month.

New Hires – one class a month on ARJ and SF3 through the end of our Fiscal year (March 2006). For the CRJ, two classes per month starting in August going through the end of our Fiscal year.

Here are the numbers of pilots who will be trained for each position from July through December 2005:

[/font][font=Arial,Arial]
ARJ CA Upgrades 35

SF3 CA Upgrades 60
CRJ CA Upgrades 65
New Hires 110

[/font]
** Please Note: These numbers could change due to attrition, block hours received from NWA, and which pilots receive the upgrades. **

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, next Friday night is an unknown variable.

Last edited:
Good point, T-Handle (on Friday, that is)...

...Just to add a word on "unknown variables", the airline services agreement (ASA) for the CRJ's (and for that matter, the extension of the SF340 and ARJ flying 'til 2015) has not been signed. As of my ground school, which was in JUNE, Spanjers told us that negotiations between XJ and NW on the ASA was getting close, but moving very slowly. He would not elaborate, due to the fact that the ASA is "negotiated" between the airlines (yeah, right). Couple weeks ago, Foley confirmed during MAIR quarterly investment call that ASA still was not done.

On the brighter side of things, evidently CRJ N601XJ has returned from paintshop in AZ to Montreal for final processes, and 602 and 603 are heading out of the Bombardier barn this week for paint.

Friday @ 2359 EDT and the ASA...that is all I would keep an eye on for now.

Good luck to interviewees and newhires :)

Mind games. More threats. Even when we are out of negotiations, the threats continue. You gotta love it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about the asa much. All the work that has gone in so far and the fact that much of that cost/benefits goes to our owners, majority owner(NWA).

Latest resources

Back