Has anyone been fined for EAPIS issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G4G5

Not sure if we had the full one hour notification. The customs folks were giving us a hard time. I filed it by the handler dropped the ball. Bottom line is the PIC is the one left holding the bag.

Just curious if anyone else has run into this. From what I understand it could be a $5,000 fine.

Not sure if we had the full one hour notification. The customs folks were giving us a hard time. I filed it by the handler dropped the ball. Bottom line is the PIC is the one left holding the bag.

Just curious if anyone else has run into this. From what I understand it could be a $5,000 fine.

What was their issue? Not enough notice coming home? Handler didn't call them early enough? They didn't get their stupid fax? As far as eapis I think you are covered by your email from Customs?

We have gotten more than one lecture from the various Affirmative Action clowns at the home base. The story/requirements change weekly and the fine threats came more than a few times. Hell, I have showed them fax receipts or specifically stated who I spoke to..."He's not working now, is he?"....wtf...Best course of action seemed to apologize and smile.

FWIW nothing ever came of any of it.

There exists no greater oxygen thief than the average CBP worker.

Gulfstream 200 said:
There exists no greater oxygen thief than the average CBP worker.

The average TSA airline screener beats the CBP folks in uselessness, hands-down!

The customs officer tells me that it's two separate entities. The folks checking the aircraft are different from the folks watching the screen. They are basically traffic cops waiting to hand out a ticket. The customs guy told me that he didn't really care, he had his paperwork and my pax left without a problem. Then as the limo pulled away, I got hit with the "oh by the way the CBP guys are pissed, they received it 40 minutes prior not the required 60."

Last edited:
Clearing Customs

When clearing customs three different agencies can meet you, you can tell by what they ask for first.

Passport = Immigration; Cargo Manifest =Customs; Garbage = Agriculture

Last edited:
Once you hit the submit the CBP duty officer at your point of arrival recieves the report. Likewise you will recieve an email with your con#. No need for the single page customs report as the officers report includes you and your pax info. A problem may occur whereas you dont recieve confirmation due to the CBP's confirmation going to the email address of whomever set up your account. They are the point of contact. No biggy in part 91 but could be an issue in the 135 world.
The user friendly tag does not apply here as the system will not store your passengers info. Every single stinking time outbound and inbound you have to enter the same info. DUMB...
I usually do it from the room, just give yourself a little extra time.

Once you hit the submit the CBP duty officer at your point of arrival recieves the report. Likewise you will recieve an email with your con#. No need for the single page customs report as the officers report includes you and your pax info. A problem may occur whereas you dont recieve confirmation due to the CBP's confirmation going to the email address of whomever set up your account. They are the point of contact. No biggy in part 91 but could be an issue in the 135 world.
The user friendly tag does not apply here as the system will not store your passengers info. Every single stinking time outbound and inbound you have to enter the same info. DUMB...
I usually do it from the room, just give yourself a little extra time.

I think all the flight planning vendors have EAPIS w pax info stored. Well worth it. Its mind numbing entering that info.

ARINC includes it automatically in your flight plan, print package out and go. Also goes to your email.

Half the CBP that come on our plane still ask for a Gen Dec. Some say not needed, some say needed.

Go figure.

This is why I require a manifest 24 hours prior to departure and I've told my passengers that any changes can result in a 2 to 3 hour delay. Then I say, "Sorry, but the TSA makes me do it." and they don't argue and I get the manifest a week in advance and they don't change it.

I do like international flights... those are the flights the passengers are always on time too... :)

Latest resources

Back