Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has anyone attended an air-inc job fair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilotswife said, "I went to the web site to see if any airlines would actually be attending and none were listed." So I went to the website and copied the list and posted it. Nowhere did I suggest that United was hiring or that pilotswife's husband was competitive for any of them. Nor did I suggest that pilotswife or her husband would benefit from the conference.

As it turns out, I did attend the ATL Air Inc. conference, and I found it useful. No, I was not hired, nor did I expect to be with my level of experience. But I did learn a lot about the process of being hired, and the state of the industry, and it was a good way for me to begin my search for an entry level airline pilot position.

Stephen

I have to agree

I have to agree with Stephen on this one. His posting was just a cut and paste from the Air inc site and at no time did he state anything that Enigma said he did....

Stephen said:
Pilotswife said, "I went to the web site to see if any airlines would actually be attending and none were listed." So I went to the website and copied the list and posted it. Nowhere did I suggest that United was hiring or that pilotswife's husband was competitive for any of them. Nor did I suggest that pilotswife or her husband would benefit from the conference.

As it turns out, I did attend the ATL Air Inc. conference, and I found it useful. No, I was not hired, nor did I expect to be with my level of experience. But I did learn a lot about the process of being hired, and the state of the industry, and it was a good way for me to begin my search for an entry level airline pilot position.

Stephen

OK, I'll play. First, you post a contrarian response to pilots wife. Why, did you just feel the need to show her up?

Next, I ask you a question. Your answer then indicates that you were quite well aware that non of the airlines were actually hiring and you deny that you implied that you didn't imply that pilots wife or her husband were competitive.

So I have to ask again. Why did you post your original reply, did you just feel the need to show her up?

You knew that the reality of her post was correct even if it was technically incorrect. Lighten up.

regards,
8N

Re: I have to agree

dsee8driver said:
I have to agree with Stephen on this one. His posting was just a cut and paste from the Air inc site and at no time did he state anything that Enigma said he did....

I love this kind of interaction. So what did I say that he said?

I asked him three questions and added my anti-AirInc sentence. Where did I say that he said anything?

?????
8N

Re: Breath

Publishers said:
While I hate to waste the breath, of the companies that you have on there, who is acutually hiring.

Just FYI......

Majors:
Alaska Airlines - Hiring 8 in Sept and 12 in Oct
Federal Express - Hiring 24 in Sept and 200 in '03
Southwest Airlines - Has been hiring, and plans to hire again soon
United Airlines - listed on the webpage as speaker only/not hiring

Nationals:
AirNet Express - Hiring 6 in Oct
AirTran Airways - May hire in Nov and up to 30 more in '02
American Eagle Airlines - listed on website as rep only/not hiring
Atlantic Coast Airlines - Hiring 43 in Sep and 49 in Oct
Atlantic Southeast Airlines - Hiring 20 in Oct and may hire in Nov