Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has anyone attended an air-inc job fair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotswife

Just curious about the air inc job fairs put on by Kit Darby- has anyone attended any of these so called "job fairs"? There is one coming up in DCA for October and I went to the web site to see if any airlines would actually be attending and none were listed. Do you all think this it legit or is Kit Darby looking to take money from all the poor unemployed pilots of the nation?

Thank you for any info you all can give as my husband wants to attend, but I hate to spend that money if it is totally B-ll Sh-t!
pilotswife

Publishers says to search for the subject. I say that you've already done the necessary research.

No airlines will be there. What more do you need to know?

Additionally, considering the amount of out of work pilots, if there were any airlines in attendence, your husband would not be competitive. Keep him at home. Save your dollars for when they are needed.

regards,
8N

Majors:
Alaska Airlines
Federal Express
Southwest Airlines
United Airlines

Nationals:
AirNet Express
AirTran Airways
American Eagle Airlines
Atlantic Coast Airlines
Atlantic Southeast Airlines
Comair
JetBlue Airways
USA Jet Airlines

Jet Operators:
Pinnacle/Northwest Airlink
USA 3000 Airlines

Non-Jets:
Colgan Air
Island Air

Exhibitors:
Air Transport Int'l
Embry-Riddle
Higher Power International
PanAm International Flight Academy
PremAir
Tab Express

I have never been to an Air Inc Job fair. When I needed a job I thought it was pretty pricey. I went to the AEPS job fairs and found them pretty affordable. Back then it was something like 25 or 30 for members. Still visited the same airlines Air Inc had.

Kit Darby Job "Fairs"

I went to one in L.A. nine years ago when he was still FAPA. Complete waste of time, except that I got to meet Irv Jasinski in person. I'm sure Kit, nka Air, Inc.'s, fairs are no different.

Save your money.

Breath

Stephan,

While I hate to waste the breath, of the companies that you have on there, who is acutually hiring.

The fact that you would even list United says it all. The airlines that are hiring you do not need this to get too. Take Comair or ACA, these you can find, get to , get interviewed, etc, without all the stuff that goes along with a job fair.

As to the so called majors, they are jsut showing up as it does not cost anything.

If you have time and money and times, go.

aahhh....NOPE

I went to one of Kit's rallies in DC last Nov just before I was furloughed from US Airways. My personal opinion of it was that of a book fair. Almost everything he said was followed by, "we have that book avaliable in the lobby and it's on sale." Save your money

Hiring

We have hired guys right off the floor the Air Inc conferences. If I was an unemployed pilot, which I have been many times in my career, I would not miss going to these events, people do get jobs at these fair. Pinnicle (sp?) hired off the floor at the ATL show.

Stephen said:
Majors:
Alaska Airlines
Federal Express
Southwest Airlines
United Airlines

Nationals:
AirNet Express
AirTran Airways
American Eagle Airlines
Atlantic Coast Airlines
Atlantic Southeast Airlines
Comair
JetBlue Airways
USA Jet Airlines

Jet Operators:
Pinnacle/Northwest Airlink
USA 3000 Airlines

Non-Jets:
Colgan Air
Island Air

Exhibitors:
Air Transport Int'l
Embry-Riddle
Higher Power International
PanAm International Flight Academy
PremAir
Tab Express

Stephen,
By your profile I assume that you don't have a lot of inside industry experience. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But, I have to ask; Did the press release that you got your information from, indicated how many of those companies are presently HIRING pilots? Specifically, how many are hiring pilots with the experience of pilotswifes husband? As someone else is sure to point out, UAL is on your list, do you know just how many pilots UAL currently has on furlough?

Please don't let the self serving propaganda spewed by AirInc override your common sense.

regards
8N

Latest resources

Back