Hangar Ettiquet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
askdj

Nah i'm thinking you should find his car and cover it with 5 bags of flour when he's flying. Then make a big happy face on his windshield. HA HA

BRIGADEAVIATOR said:
Nah i'm thinking you should find his car and cover it with 5 bags of flour when he's flying. Then make a big happy face on his windshield. HA HA

Ah, but there is clearly more then one of them, and it's messing with cars, not helicopters. A couple of bags of flour spilled on the ground wouldn't have much effect. I'm liking the hose, prop blast during run up, and of course the .50 cal.

I got to thinking about it after I made my blue tarp suggestion. Initially it was mostly tounge in cheek, but you could use it as an effective ploy.

Go to the owner of the helicopter operation. politely tell him that whenever you are at your hangar with the door open, you will spread a plastic tarp on the ground in front of your hangar, as a means of notifying his pilots that your door is open and not to hover there. If he has any sense at all, he'll realize what a flying tarp will do to a helicopter. Encourage your other hangar neighbors to do the same. There's almost no way a sane helicopter pilot would hover down a row of hangers with plastic tarps laid out on the ground, if he does, I doubt he'll do it a second time.

I like the Flour idea on the car....except just put a coat of it on the ground right where they park....pretty funny seeing their helicopter/hanger/cars covered in flour, plus no one will die and the helicopter will survive.

A Squared said:
I got to thinking about it after I made my blue tarp suggestion. Initially it was mostly tounge in cheek, but you could use it as an effective ploy.

Go to the owner of the helicopter operation. politely tell him that whenever you are at your hangar with the door open, you will spread a plastic tarp on the ground in front of your hangar, as a means of notifying his pilots that your door is open and not to hover there. If he has any sense at all, he'll realize what a flying tarp will do to a helicopter. Encourage your other hangar neighbors to do the same. There's almost no way a sane helicopter pilot would hover down a row of hangers with plastic tarps laid out on the ground, if he does, I doubt he'll do it a second time.

Man I wouldn't want to be within 300 yard that happening, 50cal or not. Make sure you got good insurance cuz there is going to be a bunch of broke stuff around.

A bucket of range balls and either a wedge or an iron ought to liven things up - depending on how your game is.

Tarps out front,.. .50 cal rifles,... garden hoses,.... Y'all have really thought this out carefully; I'm impressed. I'm sure you could pull it off, and there would be NO WAY that the rude guy in the helo would ever be able to sue you for some sort of liability. I'm sure your wife and kids would be right there to support you when the judge rules on your share of the damage to his aircraft. "Sorry, son, you'll really need to get a scholarship now, I guess."
I'm disappointed that pilots, which as a whole claim to be very wise and clever, can't come up with a way to get this guy to comply that will be quick, painless, LEGAL, and hopefully leave a permanent (and positive) impression on the helo pilot. Instead, you sound like a bunch of street-tough-wannabes that act like they're going to run out and rough up anyone that doesn't comply with their demands.

Huggyu2 said:
Instead, you sound like a bunch of street-tough-wannabes that act like they're going to run out and rough up anyone that doesn't comply with their demands.

thats right.. dont mess with the flightinfo crew, boiii!

now all we need is a gang sign to flash and decide on a color for our bandanas.

:)

Latest resources

Back