• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL interisland jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to second Hal, I haven't JS'ed inter-island for awhile. You can't go wrong going to the counter and cover your bases for TSA.
For long gone, as far as having a problem with feeing you weren't treated as nice as you wanted:
1)As HAL said, anyone can have a bad day. Keep in mind you might be upset because that Captain wasn't nice enough to you. Perhaps that Captain just got bad news from home, their child might be in the nurses office, or any other many reasons why. She could have been preoccupied with anything to prevent her from normal courtisies. It's a poor criteria to judge an airlines quality of overall jumpseat service.
2) Generally speaking, and I'm not accusing you, but you get what you give. It is possible you weren't as nice as you think or perhaps you said something innocently enough and she misunderstood it. Point is the situation could be any number of things that don't warrent pointing fingers.
3) If you got a free ride, the correct response is to appreciate it. period.

Easy Capt Dan! Please re-read my post. I didn't say anything about her not "being nice", I said she gave the "cold shoulder". All that means is that usually when you have a jumpseater you try to make them feel a little bit welcome and not like they are burden on the aircraft. Like I said in the original post: "One bad experience out of a dozen great ones, hope no one has to deal with her. Great people other wise!". Which means I've been on Hawaiian inter-island 12 times, and over 90% of the time had a great experience. All I implied was that I hope no one else has to deal with that individual, period. It has nothing to do with your company. Not that it matters, but I always make it a point to be the last one off the plane so that the cockpit door is open to say a final thanks to the crew for the ride home.

You are 100% correct that a free ride is a free ride, and always very appreciated. Don't know what made you think otherwise.......

To all.........Every single time that I have non-reved or Jumpseated on Hawaiian, (and it is a lot), I have been treated with the utmost respect and thanked them in kind for their professional demeanor.

The last time I rode on them was in March, right before the US eastyz decided to vote ALPA off the island. I told them of the upcoming election and told them not to be surprised if AWA would become a NON UNION airline. Captain Bruce (can't remember last name) was a little bit shocked at what I said, but, offered the Westyz, good luck.

Haven't ridden on HAL since the election, but I proudly hand my Airline ID with my ALPA card that CLEARLY says AWA beside it, and anticipate no problems in the future.

Thanks to all the HAL pilots and gate agents for your generousity. You people are definitely a CLASS ACT.

Captairbusbb.

Easy Capt Dan! Please re-read my post. I didn't say anything about her not "being nice", I said she gave the "cold shoulder". All that means is that usually when you have a jumpseater you try to make them feel a little bit welcome and not like they are burden on the aircraft. Like I said in the original post: "One bad experience out of a dozen great ones, hope no one has to deal with her. Great people other wise!". Which means I've been on Hawaiian inter-island 12 times, and over 90% of the time had a great experience. All I implied was that I hope no one else has to deal with that individual, period. It has nothing to do with your company. Not that it matters, but I always make it a point to be the last one off the plane so that the cockpit door is open to say a final thanks to the crew for the ride home.

You are 100% correct that a free ride is a free ride, and always very appreciated. Don't know what made you think otherwise.......

No worries dude, I probably sounded a little too harsh. Truth is you can't judge anybody by what they write on a blog. You or me. You can interpert something based on what they write and than talk to them and get a whole nether prospective.
Most of us take a lot of pride in Hawaiian and are enjoying our relatively peaceful niche in Hawaii. Hence the overly defensive post.
You won't get a cold shoulder from me if you ride on my jumpseat.

To all.........Every single time that I have non-reved or Jumpseated on Hawaiian, (and it is a lot), I have been treated with the utmost respect and thanked them in kind for their professional demeanor.

The last time I rode on them was in March, right before the US eastyz decided to vote ALPA off the island. I told them of the upcoming election and told them not to be surprised if AWA would become a NON UNION airline. Captain Bruce (can't remember last name) was a little bit shocked at what I said, but, offered the Westyz, good luck.

Haven't ridden on HAL since the election, but I proudly hand my Airline ID with my ALPA card that CLEARLY says AWA beside it, and anticipate no problems in the future.

Thanks to all the HAL pilots and gate agents for your generousity. You people are definitely a CLASS ACT.

Captairbusbb.

I can unequivocly (sp.?) guaranty you will not have a problem jumpseating with your USAir/AWA credentials.

Thanks Dan. Just got back from LIH a few months ago, girlfriend and I loved it. Plan on going back in the near future, will try to take you up on that offer!

Latest resources

Back