• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hate to state the obvious Wave, but if you think everyone is telling you that you are "not special" than the fact is, you have set them up to do that by telling them you are special. Nothing wrong with SWA, it's great airline and very good at being a LCC. But we all have bias concerning the airline we each work for. Personally I would rather be an F/O at HA than a Captain at SWA. But that defines me, not SWA. SWA is not "better" than other airlines, they have their pro's and con's like anyone else, but they do seem to lead the industry at patting themselves on the back. Have to laugh when they boast having the " best 401k" in the industry.......and lag behind other airlines retirement packages.

Well, that's not necessarily true, Dan.

Some ALPA folks (PCL comes to mind) don't need any impetus, not to mention never miss an opportunity, to reiterate their beliefs that only ALPA does anything meaningful, and that any airline that's not ALPA is counterproductive and dangerous, and therefore hurting the entire industry. Just by its simple, pitiful, and meaningless existence. :)

Bubba

I could care less who is ALPA or not, fact is, Hawaiian has been rumored to be merging/bought by just about any number of carriers except United...

Here's the list:

Delta
AA
JB
VA
Alaska
And SWA..

Well that about puts every notable carrier in the US positioning to merge with HA....

So no, SWA is not special.. Get the fvck over it.

Out of all the carriers listed, SWA is closer to the bottom of my list of personal choices to be merged with.. Get over that also.. Not everyone is dying to work at SWA.. I've never applied, never considered heading to Higher Power, plain fact is I just dont have a desire to work at SWA.

I've got friends there, they make good money etc... Just not for me.

Will you "Get over it" if SWA does buy you?

Will you "Get over it" if SWA does buy you?

Will you get over it if your not sitting in a widebody in Hawaii within the next 5 years?....

Unlike you, my profession and employer does not define who I am. Nobody in Hawaii knows what I do for a living unless they specifically ask. Can you say the same?

Well tomorrow is another day of reserve.. Where I probably won't get used.. Gonna take my oldest daughter to the beach, finish some yard work and cut back my birds of paradise.

Since I've only got two days left of reserve, chances are very slim I'll have to go to work this week. That's seven days off in paradise.

Enjoy your week.

I can't wait to bid reserve there after we buy you:)

Dude lighten up-

"Unlike you...."

Unlike me?

You actually think you know me from my FI posts?
But I'll play- what about my posts makes you think I'm the guy that advertises my profession?
That said, Golda Meir once said "Don't be humble, you're not that great." I find it far more annoying when pilots lie about what they do. I like it when I can find out a great deal about the other person before they know I'm a pilot. What I don't like is if they feel self conscious after they told me all about their insurance job and then find out I'm a pilot- if the conversation is equal, they find out early, I answer any pressing antidotes they might have, but still redirect the conversation quickly to them and what they do.

Denying flying is kind of cocky. "Look at me, I'm so good I'll keep what I do a "mystery"! Wow. Flying is absolutely part of who I am. And part of who every professional pilot is. It's pure overcompensation to deny the aviation geek in us. It's just the pendulum swinging the other way.
I fly. I own a business. I play sports, hike, sail, travel, and most importantly am a father.
Where you got this idea that my perspective is out of touch is your projection my man.

If...you really do have it down, that's nothing but a good thing. And I have absolutely no idea and no way of knowing if you do.

Latest resources

Back