• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HA pilots approve TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your 767 CA pay is almost $30 bucks an hour less than current CAL 12 year 767 CA pay. How can this be at "the top of the pay scale"? Sure it will beat us in just under 6 years but hopefully we will have our 767 CA pay around $240 an hour by then(and have UAL close to leapfrogging that as they hammer out their contract).

CO is a bigger and in many ways better airline than HA. Hope they buy us! Truly, getting as close as we have to the top of the industry is pretty remarkable............ as is our retirement plan, route structure, and quality of life.

I say HA's < CO, > Airtran,

but who really cares, as I'm not applying anywhere else.

CO is a bigger and in many ways better airline than HA. Hope they buy us! Truly, getting as close as we have to the top of the industry is pretty remarkable............ as is our retirement plan, route structure, and quality of life.

I say HA's < CO, > Airtran,

but who really cares, as I'm not applying anywhere else.

I wasn't bragging on CAL's pay(trust me, we have a long way to go) but rather making sure Jim knew that there were higher rates for 767 pilots out there. I'd love to merge with HAL as I love Hawaii and always jump at the chance to fly out there. As for AirTran, I've worked there and I loved the 717 and was a month away from 717 CA when I left to go to CAL(2005) so I'd love to get the DC-9 type and fly that thing from the left seat someday. I would hope the culture at AirTran would be lost in the merger(just my opinion). Okay, I think we have figured it all out!

The NLRA has more problems with it than the RLA does. As bad as the RLA is, it works far better for us than the alternative.

And how do you figure that? The only way to get things going is for a pilot group to walk off the job. I hope one day I will have the privilege and know I made the total sacrifice to better this profession and bring it back to where it should be. I'm just looking for the middle ground. And pre-9/11 contracts were about between what was attained in the 70's and what we had in 2001.

And how do you figure that? The only way to get things going is for a pilot group to walk off the job. I hope one day I will have the privilege and know I made the total sacrifice to better this profession and bring it back to where it should be. I'm just looking for the middle ground. And pre-9/11 contracts were about between what was attained in the 70's and what we had in 2001.

The NLRA has tons of problems for employee groups that have contracts as complicated as pilots do. For example, under the NLRA, you don't have a single union to represent employees at different domiciles. So, at Delta, you could have one union representing the pilots in Atlanta, another union representing the pilots in DTW and MSP, and yet another union representing the pilots in MEM and NY. Management would have a new whipsaw game like never before. That's just one example of the problems, but they go on and on. The NLRA just wouldn't work for us.

I wasn't bragging on CAL's pay(trust me, we have a long way to go) but rather making sure Jim knew that there were higher rates for 767 pilots out there.
Currently, yes CAL is better, In 28 months, HA will be better unless you guys sign a new contract first. The NMB looks at what is current now, not what other carriers might have by the ammendable date of a potential contract. Based on what is out there now, our contract moves us to the top during its lifetime.

Latest resources

Back