HA Interviewing??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ChinaClipper

I hear HA has interviewed a bunch of people for the expansion of the inter-island flying. Any idea of how it will all shake out? Any preferential interviewing? All AQ guys or can a nyone else get their hat in the ring? Thanks....

Rumor has it they are scoopin' a large portion of AQs instructors first. After that more of a free for all. Some junior junior FOs that were still on probation at AQ have gotten the call. Seems to be more of a who ya know kinda thing.

Good on HAL... I hope you guys just DOMINATE now that we are out of your way. You guys done done it right ;0)

I'll echo AQ... HAL does have a world class operation and they did well.

What did Hawaiian have that Aloha didn't?

Same people - neighbors, family, local crowd.
Old airplanes up until 2001 just like Aloha.

But hey... a little vision, some funding, and they've become a world class airline.

Could have been us... and for all the bellyaching Banmiller is doing on the Capitol Hill about Mesa, if he truly wants to know why a 61-year airline folded, he doesn't need to look further than in the mirror.

I'll echo AQ... HAL does have a world class operation and they did well.

What did Hawaiian have that Aloha didn't?

Same people - neighbors, family, local crowd.
Old airplanes up until 2001 just like Aloha.

But hey... a little vision, some funding, and they've become a world class airline.

Could have been us... and for all the bellyaching Banmiller is doing on the Capitol Hill about Mesa, if he truly wants to know why a 61-year airline folded, he doesn't need to look further than in the mirror.

I think you have summed it up well, I have to wonder though, I don't think Zander was all that visionary. I can't help but think the deference may lie in the fact that AQ was privatly owned and the Chings/Ings were unwilling to part with their own money to expand like HAL did, whereas HAL was not privately held so no individual had to risk his own money, it was the stockholders money the was at stake. We also did well to get Dunkerly at the time we did.
Good luck to you guys, a lot of AQ people are being interviewed and I'm sure they'll make up the lions share of new hires. This is all happening fast, so a lot of rumors are floating around. Near as I can tell, they don't want to hire ONLY AQ folks as that would be unfair to the folks that have been applying and waiting to get an interview. They don't want to exclude any one type of applicant. That said, it sounds like we could be hiring about 125 over the next year. They are starting with a pool of 40 for two classes of 12.
They are working very hard to get aircraft, both inter-island and trans-pac. They do have a lot of expansion plans and not just increasing west coast and inter-island.
Best of luck to you guys.

Is inter-island the junior flying? Or does the long haul stuff go junior too, because some guys just like being home more often? Does HA hire into any aircraft? Is there still a SEA domicile, and if so, is it junior or senior?

Just curious about future growth with all the expansion news. I would bet not much of a real chance to get an interview until AQ guys get a call.

Thanks for any info.

Well, most AQ guys with the exception of handful were given, thanks but no thanks letters.

Your best bet to get hired at HAL is if you have some relatives or several good connections there.

It's a great company if you can get in...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back