• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

H/R e-mail for USA3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With Harfst running the show over there good luck....

I think he is just the babysitter for the operation while the owner decides what to do with it. Again, the problem is like this example; You have a car that you drive on a daily basis that costs you "x". But a taxi comes to your house everytime it sees you about to get in your car and drives up to you and say's, "stop, I will drive you wherever you want to go AND I will pay you to do it. Well, when the Airtrans and Usair's fill up their planes with Apple people and do it for cost, or apparently less according to our new CEO, you can see that the owner would be a fool not to take them up on the offer of allowing these guys to fly your folks. Now, the million dollar question is at what point does he say, I just don't want to mess with my own little plane operation anymore and shut the doors.

With Harfst running the show over there good luck....

Running the show? Hardly, the guy has been too busy sampling the Apple Vacations destinations with his family on an almost constant vacation since he started. Then his skiing "skills" caught up with him on one vacation and had to take some medical time off. I don't think anybody is really running the show right now. Oh well, not my problem any more.

Your thoughts USA 3000 pilots this was posted on another forum by "NEDude"

Rumor is the group is in talks with the Apple Group about investing in USA 3000 Airlines (Apple's wholly owned subsidiary) and using that certificate to run the "New Eastern" as a joint operation/investment with Apple. Apple would use the "New Eastern" as its primary airline for Apple Vacations travel (as was the intent with USA 3000), providing around 30-40% traffic, and the investment group would get guaranteed revenue as well as have an established certificate, fleet and flight crews from which to start operations.

Not sure where this rumor started, but everyone is talking about it here at U3K.... In fact, my phone rang twice with this rumor while filing unemployment this morning...

Time will tell I suppose, but if you have read up on this "New Eastern" in the past year or so... they have indeed indicated they wanted to operate the A319/A320 family, so maybe there is some truth to this ..... For example, we have 3 airplanes right now that have no work and no one wants to sublease them...

Your thoughts USA 3000 pilots this was posted on another forum by "NEDude"

Rumor is the group is in talks with the Apple Group about investing in USA 3000 Airlines (Apple's wholly owned subsidiary) and using that certificate to run the "New Eastern" as a joint operation/investment with Apple. Apple would use the "New Eastern" as its primary airline for Apple Vacations travel (as was the intent with USA 3000), providing around 30-40% traffic, and the investment group would get guaranteed revenue as well as have an established certificate, fleet and flight crews from which to start operations.

Is it going to be a gay name like new eastern or did they buy the name eastern airlines?

OMG! I wonder what George E. would do if he got to fly under his old name.

I posted that over on airlinepilot central forums. Here is the last thing I wrote over there. This has all of my disclaimers regarding rumors. Also keep in mind what I heard may differ from other have heard:

Keep in mind it is just a rumor, and we all know how accurate rumors are in this industry.

With that in mind the way it was explained to me was the new airline would be a joint venture between Apple Leisure Group (Apple Vacations) and the group of investors, a 50/50 partnership. They would use the existing certificate for USA 3000 Airlines which is currently wholly owned by Apple. The marketing name would most likely be changed, perhaps to "New Eastern" or something else (the official certificate name for USA 3000 is actually "Brendan Airways" so a marketing name change is no big deal).

The advantage being that Apple can still have some control over their air travel product, which was the original purpose for starting USA 3000, while sharing the risk that comes with running an airline. The investors get an airline with built in customers from Apple and an established certificate with crews, schedulers, dispatchers and the other existing infrastructure. In essence a turn key airline with 30-50% of your seats already sold from the minute you hand over the money.

The operation would start with 25 A319/320 series aircraft with Miami as its main hub.

This is how it was explained to me through the rumor mill at USA 3000. So take it with an ocean full of salt.

Well...This rumor has been around for quite a while now, and, unlike most that fizz away after awhile, seems to persist. I suppose I would prefer this to the unemployment check I am getting now. Just hope us pilots go with the certificate, as we should..
Oh well...I won't be holding my breath waiting....
Take care.
Joe.

Latest resources

Back