• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

H/R e-mail for USA3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To perhaps put out any fires or prevent flamebait before they start. And with the disclaimer that I hate typing, and cant cut and paste the CBA from company web site since ive been denied access after the furlough.

I just read the CBA and there is NO argument as to weather or not the pilots go with the certificate if transfered.
Section 1 leaves me with no doubt about that.

Now lets just see if and when this might happen...
Still not gonna be holding my breath waiting ;-)

Take care.
Joe.

Heard the exact same rumor yesterday on my post furlough drive back home. A fellow furloughee recieved a call from a friend in Miami who shared the rumor.

I just read the CBA and there is NO argument as to weather or not the pilots go with the certificate if transfered.
Section 1 leaves me with no doubt about that.
quote]

Joe,

Thanks for pointing out the scope clause. I admit, I had never actually read that part of our contract, think I went right to the scheduling section and skipped over it in the past.

I am actually surprised how well written it was, and it would seem to cover this "rumor" if it indeed becomes fact, meaning the crews would transfer with the certificate.

Rumors can be fun if you remember they are only rumors!!

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/search/photo_search.php?id=00008970

I wouldn't go buying the crash pad on South beach just yet......

N905TW...

Yeah... i was talking with a Capt the other day who was saying they were downsizing to get rid of pilots and the union. A long doom and gloom flight all the way to PUJ...OOYYY....
I had to dig the CBA out of my basement since we have been locked out of the CO web site and agree, it was surprisingly well written, so im not worried that is mgmt's motives.
Inspite of the complaining from many senior guys, this is a very good first CBA.
And IF this eastern thing happens i am sure we have first right to those jobs. Barring any concessions from the union.

PM me if you or anyone hear anything substantial about this or anything else. Might not want to make everything FI buisness right away ;-)

Take care.
Joe.

N905TW...

Yeah... i was talking with a Capt the other day who was saying they were downsizing to get rid of pilots and the union. A long doom and gloom flight all the way to PUJ...OOYYY....
I had to dig the CBA out of my basement since we have been locked out of the CO web site and agree, it was surprisingly well written, so im not worried that is mgmt's motives.
Inspite of the complaining from many senior guys, this is a very good first CBA.
And IF this eastern thing happens i am sure we have first right to those jobs. Barring any concessions from the union.

PM me if you or anyone hear anything substantial about this or anything else. Might not want to make everything FI buisness right away ;-)

Take care.
Joe.

I think there is precedent over such a situation. If I remember correctly the latest and greatest version of Pan Am (the PSM based one) actually used the Carnival Airlines certificate, and there was a similar clause regarding the pilots and union belonging to the certificate. The new management wanted the certificate but not the pilots and there was a long battle that was ultimately "won" by the pilots. I use the quotes because in the long run, the company did kill the union by transferring all flying to their "regional" - Boston and Maine Airways - and from my understanding life was never good over at Pan Am.

But our CBA and precedent would indicate that they could not get rid of us by simply transferring the certificate. The bigger question is that if they are so focused on killing the union, what kind of company will it really be to work for. And history shows that when a management focuses too much enegery on killing an established union, the company ends up failing.

Hey NEdude.

In all fairness, eventhough im on the street, I dont realy see how the company has done much to the pilot group.
I have NO faith in our new CEO, his way of dealing with things are well documented from North American. And I have a few friends at Indigo aswell, so the patteren has been established with regards to him. He hides the lack of REAL excecutive talent by running the old Lorentzo/Ornstein labor relations handbook by the numbers.

But as of yet he has not done anything like that to the pilots at U3K. The downsizing is probably not un-justified. Even if there is to be growth sometime in the future.

So far it has been about the F/A's. They were the highest paid in the buisness, many making more than alot of pilots. And now they are paying the prize for not getting a union long ago.

anywhoo, nuff typing for now. gatta feed my kids..

Take care.
Joe.

is Ronny K still at U3K. He is one horny dude. I think he is based in PHL.

M

Latest resources

Back