• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GV N886DT seized in Congo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was approached ~ 6 months ago by someone wanting to hire a Falcon 50 crew to fly twice a month from Central Africa to Colombia. Pay was excellent, QOL, not so much...

Yeah, it was to reposition crews from their 'one-way ratted-out 727 drug flights'.

TC

Probably, but I was told it was to transport 500-750 lbs of gold per trip.

Probably, but I was told it was to transport 500-750 lbs of gold per trip.
That is correct, with bodyguards as well. Too many hands involved in it and no real protection. You will be transporting the raw with no "businessman" on board but just expendable people (including the crew) to protect the cargo in case the heat gets up a notch. If something happens you will be really on your own...

I too was contacted about the Falcon 50 job. The co-pilot was a 350 hour pilot with no international experience. Rhett never told the owner of the aircraft or the management company what the real mission was going to be. They did not know it was going to be transporting gold in Africa. When they did find out, negotiations ceased. And this character Rhett seemed to make it sound like everything was a done deal. I told him over and over it was not going to work and he needed a bigger airplane. I wonder if this GV was his solution...
He did not want to inform customs at the tech stop what the cargo was or that there was going to be weapons onboard. All very hush hush and the departure point with the gold changed 2 times in the 2 weeks he was calling me. It kept getting worse and worse with longer legs. $10-20k/month is not spendable when you are locked in a prison in the Congo!

Latest resources

Back