Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

clownhater

Never trust a clown
What is a reasonable salary for a GV/G550 co pilot position these days? Just getting back into the corporate world and was hoping to get an idea. Thanks

What about captain pay?

What is a reasonable salary for a GV/G550 co pilot position these days? Just getting back into the corporate world and was hoping to get an idea. Thanks

What about captain pay?

91?
135?
location?

there are many variables...you might hear 75K on the very low f/o end to 250K on the high capt end!

good luck.

Clownhater--Check your PM's. TC

Are these numbers considered "gross pay" or "total compensation including all benifits?"

I dont know.

I dont consider medical, dental, etc...part of compensation. Same with stock - unless it can be sold tomorrow.

Bonus? yeah, I suppose thats fair game as its money and pretty common in larger corporations, but bear in mind it might not be there every year.

My only point was someone needs to give WAY more info if they want an accurate number.

What region? How much experience have you got? Will you get a PIC rating but fly FO for awhile? Big company or family? 91 or 135?

G200's range was good. Can you fill in the blanks so we can narrow it down? TC

Thanks for the replies and good info--I realize there are many variables involved. It is a large part 91 operator in the midwest. It would be a PIC type but flying as FO for awhile. Also,the majority of my experience is airline, but I do have 2 years captain experience as part 91 Citation Excel captain. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Here are some specifics to create a true scenario of a recent openning that has since been filled similar to Clownhater's first post:

COMPANY; global, fortune 25, located in the Midwest, long established flight dept. with multiple aircraft.

PILOT NEW HIRES; college degree, 4000+ hours TT, previous turbine PIC, will get G-IV and G550 type first year.

FLYING; Part 91, 50/50 domestic/international (not just Europe, but all 4 corners), 400hrs/yr, 13-15 days average per month and about 8 RON's, expect at least one 14-21 day trip per year.

just curious and hope this helps, after all, isn't that typical for these aircraft?

Latest resources

Back