• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GV/G550 pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here are some specifics to create a true scenario of a recent openning that has since been filled similar to Clownhater's first post:

COMPANY; global, fortune 25, located in the Midwest, long established flight dept. with multiple aircraft.

PILOT NEW HIRES; college degree, 4000+ hours TT, previous turbine PIC, will get G-IV and G550 type first year.

FLYING; Part 91, 50/50 domestic/international (not just Europe, but all 4 corners), 400hrs/yr, 13-15 days average per month and about 8 RON's, expect at least one 14-21 day trip per year.

just curious and hope this helps, after all, isn't that typical for these aircraft?

It is, especially for many in the Fortune 50 (100? etc)

The job you describe is pretty normal these days, and I'd suspect pay would be in the 115-130K range for a newhire?

Where things tend to vary seems to be in the bonus and stock incentives, etc....

just a guess from what I have seen.

Out of sheer curiosity, what is the best way to break into the Gulfstream world of corporate aviation?

I flew for an airline for 5.5 years, but for the last ~3 years have been working for a part 91 GA operator overseas. I'm looking to return to the US, barely have any contacts left, am very aware of how the airline industry is a wreck, and am curious about how to get into a Gulfstream or a decent paying corporate job?

Thanks to any/all who can share perspectives. I've enjoyed reading this board immensely.

FCN

Here are some specifics to create a true scenario of a recent openning that has since been filled similar to Clownhater's first post:

COMPANY; global, fortune 25, located in the Midwest, long established flight dept. with multiple aircraft.

PILOT NEW HIRES; college degree, 4000+ hours TT, previous turbine PIC, will get G-IV and G550 type first year.

FLYING; Part 91, 50/50 domestic/international (not just Europe, but all 4 corners), 400hrs/yr, 13-15 days average per month and about 8 RON's, expect at least one 14-21 day trip per year.

just curious and hope this helps, after all, isn't that typical for these aircraft?

If this is the company that I think this is, I am friends with the guy that filled this position...I won't name names (company or person)....but, do you have an idea of what starting salary is there?

what the hell is the big deal about telling people the company name. you corp guys are more secretive than the free masons

what the hell is the big deal about telling people the company name. you corp guys are more secretive than the free masons

Because if you do, I guy/gal with .001 more qualifications will go over and steal (correction earn) your gig away from you, straight away. Openings in this area are like gold bullion ...

TransMach

If this is the company that I think this is, I am friends with the guy that filled this position...I won't name names (company or person)....but, do you have an idea of what starting salary is there?

Sorry I don't, what I hear is second or third hand perhaps diluted or embellished. If your friends with a person who got hired at such a place, can't you ask and then share with us all the details of your friend's pay and benefits so we can compare to the Pro Pilot salary survey.

I believe this position was filled!:0

Latest resources

Back