• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream with gear problem, Live!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My company's account on Flight Explorer. He's in closed traffic at HIO.

http://www.kptv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4148426

PORTLAND -- A corporate Nike jet that took off from Hillsboro Airport and was headed to Toronto, Canada -- but was diverted to Portland International Airport after buzzing the tower and reporting trouble with its landing gear.
We're told the landing gear is stuck at a 45 degree angle.
Nike says seven people are on board -- including a pilot, co-pilot, crew member and four passengers. They include some senior Nike executives, but NOT Chairman Phil Knight.
The plane was sent to PDX, rather than back to Hillsboro Airport, because the larger airport is better equipped to handle these types of situations.
The plane is currently burning fuel over Portland, trying to figure out how best to handle this situation. At take-off, it was carrying 25,000 gallons of fuel, but it's not clear how much it's currently carrying.

Is there a new Gulfstream V ER version that I'm not aware of??? "25,000 gallons". If this is the case he'll be up there for days.

"after buzzing the tower"???

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full!

Fox news is interviewing Scary Mary now. Hey, she's also a Private Pilot now, so she has to be an authority, right?
Just as long as they don't interview George Kennedy, or those Nike execs will be buggered for sure!

I am not a G-5 pilot but I would take this thing to the service center in Long Beach and land it in front of their front door, and tell them to call me at the Marriott when its fixed

wait wait wait. wtf???!?!?!?!?!

christina aguilera is getting married?!?!

FOX news is GREAT!!!!! Anyway...

I love they just showed a picture of a G-V and one reporter says "that is a Canadair type jet, a regional type...an RJ." Then another says "yeah, it's a UPS plane that just came in for landing."

It was great!!! I laughed my butt off...since when did UPS buy RJ's...oh man, and it even had the BLUE tail that all UPS planes have as well.

This is just Funny....not the gear problem, but the reporting.

As far as a new a/c..they are saying this was its "maiden voyage" for the company.

Latest resources

Back