• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream V Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a few GV jobs in the NY metro area that went at 135K-140K to start. This was in the last 6 months. I dont know about bonuses, stock, etc...

experienced Intl guys, I think all were GV rated.

I have not heard of 160K to start...but then again I dont know the 250-300K pilots that seem aplenty here also...

Last edited:
wafu39 said:
Do you know people making that to start?

That must be top of the range.
Ya, actually I do. Most GV operators are already very well qualified. For someone to leave a good GV job to start a new GV job, you have to pay the piper.

On the other hand there are some San Jose, CA based computer companies that start there new hire GV pilots out at $70K:eek: .

Unfortunately in this industry, your new job can easily be filled by some "genius" for $30K, only you know what your own worth is.

Good luck.

I know of a couple of GV guys in the North East that started at $150K plus options and bonus.

Gulfstream 200 said:
...but then again I dont know the 250-300K pilots that seem aplenty here also...
Whoa! What are they flying?

I wonder if they know it takes a Legacy captain FIVE years to make that much?

Spooky 1 said:
That sound pretty low. How about 150-160K for starters.

Last time I talked to anyone in the extreme NW they all had to be typed in the G-V before getting hired ... who knows what they make though ... that is all strictly confidential with threats of lawyers and all. ;)

G100driver said:
Last time I talked to anyone in the extreme NW they all had to be typed in the G-V before getting hired ... who knows what they make though ... that is all strictly confidential with threats of lawyers and all. ;)

I was thinking more about the SFO area than the NW. I am sure that we are not that high for a un-typed walk in. We have typed guys from scratch but of course they had lots of experience in other heavy bizjets. I just happen to know of a few GV positions down in the bay area that are up for grabs and that where I was coming from.

Spooky 1 said:
I was thinking more about the SFO area than the NW. I am sure that we are not that high for a un-typed walk in. We have typed guys from scratch but of course they had lots of experience in other heavy bizjets. I just happen to know of a few GV positions down in the bay area that are up for grabs and that where I was coming from.

ahh yeah....the Bay Area...would LOVE to live there but one is not going far on 170K when a 1500sft house on 1/8 acre goes for 750K.

ouch.

:bawling:

Latest resources

Back