Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Training Academy...WHY NOT TO GO THERE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mentor

Bobby,

What I did learn in the military is a correct way to write an email. Spell-check everything!!! Your grammar leaves little to be desired. As per your question... The major was in BioChemistry and if you even think that you can compare to my credentials to a kid coming out of your school with Gulfstream's reputation...good luck. What you should be telling these kids is the truth...stay in school!! I guess you sit at a desk now and collect a paycheck and thats what matters to you. But you are the reason why some of the pilot friends of mine are unable to buy houses or cars. You don't tell them its gonna take a long time to make the big bucks. And the guys your putting through...wooaaa. I talked to a sim guy out there in Colorado about a guy that was from your school that drove his truck through a cornfield and you guys brushed it to the side and let him finish...CLASS!!! And for your Brasilia's ...who wants to fly that heap? Talk about a dead end.
So go ahead and make your calls...recruit more kids so they won't have a pot to piss in for the next 10-15 years and go home feeling great about your job at Gulfstream. Once again, I didn't write the initial email but we can keep this email going so I can hear how you substantiate Gulfstream's credentials.
FROM BOBBY PINTO: (GULFSTREAM)
First of all I never said military pilots wash out what I did say if a kid comes to me and tells me he wants to be a pilot and is going to go to the military he might want to think twice about it. Because only a few make it as a military pilot. Believe me after 16 years that we are in this business I can't count how many guys coming out of the military still pursuing their dreams of becoming a pilot but are now in their late 20's, 30's and 40's coming into our program because this is the fastest, least expensive and most successful way of getting into the airlines. they do not have years to waste because as you know being an Airline Pilot in a ********************ty Airline (not my line yours by the way) Seniority is what counts. And if we can help these pilots get into the Airlines a lot faster than any other route than in the long run they will thank us which they have over the last 16 years. And if you do your math genius we start out pilots at $19.60 per hour. They are guaranteed 75 per month but they average 90-100 hours permonth. Plus medical, dental, 401K and their Airline ID. If you do your homework you will find that first year F/O's at these regional start anywhere from $18 to around $30 average is $22-$25. They are guaranteed 75 hours monthly and I can tell you know most will not fly more than that their first year because of reserves and they have to commute to where ever our pilots only commute in Florida and they average 90-100 hours a month...they make more money and it goes up every year and here the average upgrade is 1 1/2 - 2 years max and they start at $34-36 and if they are on the Brasilia it's even more. Don't talk until you have the facts and as far as the young kids they can do both work and get their degree most people do that these days and most can handle if n to go to college 4-5 years and try not to drink to much beer and get an education. And I work in management not flying. I was trained and schooled for that most pilots are schooled to fly a plane not manage or work in administration. What is you degree in? Our kids by the time they are 23 are making very good money at an airline and paying their loans most kids getting out of college are in debt well over $100k and no job and a high wash out rate. Don't blame me or scabs most need to look in the mirror and see that the other airlines are trying to stay in business with fuel prices people not wanting to pay high prices yet you have these EMPLOYEES wanting to make more money because they feel they deserve it or feel they are ENTITLED to it. Wake up and smell the coffee this is one industry there are people working 40 to over 80 hours a week including doctors and you fly 10-15 days out of the month? Be careful who you complain to the only one's that can whine are these pilots to each other and using fake names on the internet.

FROM ME:
As per my phone message I left you, I did not know that email was sent out. I do however know that your training facility is less than perfect in what kind of people are coming out of there. Including the 2 Gulfstream pilots that were at Pinnacle and had the double engine failure at FL410. I believe that your email was misinformed of correct information regarding military pilots also. Most military pilots do not wash out...most see that you cant make the money that the military can pay you as a pilot and choose other professions to go into...which some of my friends have done...
I only question why you are still at this flight school and you yourself aren't at an airline living this glamorous life. I also want to inform you that these high school kids that you are hoping to place in an airline is only a detriment to their career since competition will be fierce going against college educated pilots...yes a resume with that on it still matters. And when they do try to get that education while working how hard that might be to get another education loan on top of the 70-80K they already owe. I only hope that with all this information that you are not telling these kids they will be able to pay back these huge loans that will cripple their next 20-30 years trying to pay them back.
I am a former Navy Pilot/college educated and with the information that you thought to reply back to me with I hope you can start putting a little more of the truth out there to these young kids to get educated first. Not have these guys come out of your school and work for $18 a flight hour and expect to be able to live and pay loans off while still having food on the table. This is exactly why the pay is so low industry wide...people like you that are putting these young kids out there to work for scraps while operating a $30-40 million dollar aircraft for executives that get huge clauses in their contracts for compensation while they bankrupt the company they represent. Maybe if we had some people that stood up for these people we can get the pay back to where it once was. Maybe you can talk to your boss, "The Eastern Scab" that crossed the picket lines to screw his fellow employees when it mattered. And lets just finish by saying that I didn't pay for training, I pledged my life for it.

CONTINUED

Another misinformed pilot. We have been in business for over 16 years and now have over 1700 pilots in every airline you can think of. With your attitude it doesn't matter where you go it will always be a **ty job at a *****ty airline. You might want to look at another career, one should be happy what he is doing and just because you went about it one way...don't judge people for getting there another way. With an over 70% wash-out rate at these regional's I am sure you haven't been turned away with your attitude or aptitude....yeah right. See our pilots when they go to the larger regional and majors straight from our airline it is only a 2-3% wash-out rate. It's not a coincidence that the airlines hire our pilots. I'm sorry that you went the other route and wasted years and in those years accumulated a grand total of over 1,000 hours as a CFI. Where if someone came here at 18 (or really any age but with zero hours) like many do now and get their ratings at a flight school we recommend and our program done in a year and pay $65-70k for everything and end up with over 500 total hours and over 250 being Multi-engine Turbine Time and Part 121 Experience on a Real Airline versus single and twin engine piston time...Gee I wonder who is going to get hired first? This is why I am going to high schools now. If you look at the kids that come here at 18 years old they complete the program from zero hours in a year and finish up with over 500hrs with over 250 being Multi-engine Turbine time and Part 121 Experience and Training on a real airline. (Now keep in mind I have students here with as little as 190hrs to well over 1,00hrs from 18 to well over 50. The majority being in their upper 20's, 30's and 40's. Again another reason why I am going to High Schools)And while they are here or another airline they have a seniority number and are making money and they now can earn their degree on-line because besides a degree if you want to go to a major you also need PIC Turbine Time NOT Piston time and we have many pilots here now at 23 (they started at 18) that are now Captains either here or most now at other regional's and we also have 25 year olds getting hired at Airtran, Southwest Continental. Not bad for a ****ty airline and academy. Remember the pilot rumor mill is worse then a little girl's dormitory and that is exactly what some of you bitter and jealous pilots are. Whiners and cry babies and when it comes to hiring pilots the airlines just care about one thing. Experience and performance. Our airline flies over 230 flights a day and we fly over a million passengers a year. We are a $100 million airline. We're not going anywhere. And talk about paying for a job. If you went to...let's say Embry-Riddle right? That's over $150K and between 4- 6 years. And looks at the military route. Nothing wrong with representing your country but only 2% make it as a pilot if not you most likely will be there anywhere from 6 to over 10 years. Because let me break some news to you. Everyone pays for training one way or another you either pay with money or with your life regardless the industry and with again well over 1700 pilots out there this is what we do. We are a flight training airline. We lose over 100 pilots a year and we replace them through our Academy and instead of going the CFI route where you PAY over $20-$40K for all of your CFI and MEI tickets and teach for 2 years don't you think for $30K and over 250hrs of Turbine and Part 121 time and a seniority number in 6 months...You do the math. Anyways I know you need to get back to your *****ty airline job so you better get going I have to train quality pilots for the airlines that call me everyday for our pilots. Good luck in the industry.and a little advice to you...Be happy in life it's very short so do something you like to do it and don't judge others have a nice day. By the way if you ever want to come down here for a tour and see what we are really about call me. You know where I am. PS: If you are going to dish out then expect to have that dish given back to you.
Bobby Pinto Pilot Recruiter
Gulfstream Training Academy
Tel: 1-877-359-4853 ext. 235
Cell: *****************
Fax: *****************

Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 5:07 PM
To: Pinto, Bobby
Subject: RE: Gulfstream Training Academy

I wouldn't go to your school if it was the last in the USA...that school is a joke...and I am already flying in the ****ty ass airlines...

Subject: re: Gulfstream Training AcademyDate: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 16:15:07 -0500​

I am following up with you because you had enquired about our program in the past. I wanted to see how things were going for you and if you were still pursuing your goal of becoming a Commercial Airline pilot. If you can, either call me or e-mail me and let me know. I also wanted to share with you the latest happenings here at our Academy and Airline. Lots of movement going on. Really good stuff. But again give me a call at your earliest convienience.

Remember if there was ever time to become a pilot the time is now. Unfortunately there is also a high wash-out rate out there. Our pilots do not experience this when they go on to the larger regionals or to the majors. The reason is because of the training and experience they received here on a real Part 121 Ariline.
We do tours everyday. If you are coming out of State we will reimburse you up to $300 for your flight (basically a free ticket to come and just look) and if you are at any of our destinations here in Florida we can fly you for free on our Airline. So let me know when and we can set it up. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks and have a great day.
Bobby Pinto

Pilot Recruiter
Gulfstream Training Academy
Tel: 1-877-359-4853 ext. 235
Cell: **********************
Fax: **********************

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the point to this? Not exactly a "gotcha" moment, if anything it makes you look like a whiny, immature know-it-all.

Did you have a point to make (one that nobody ever made before), or was your intent to look cool for all your FlightInfo buddies?

My point was to show people like you that you paid too much for your ratings because people like him...but you are probably at that flight school training right now or you work there. I can't help it that the reputation there is the worst in the industry. So whiny...not me. I am glad I am debt free...YOU?

More stuff from BOBBY...hes got a legal team now...LOL

We have your info because you had requested for our information some time back and you gave us your info (short memory) we just followed up that's all and you replied with your nice e-mail and I replied back. I told you the truth and as far as the list you are off but I have only been replying to you because you keep writing me..:) Good job. But again thanks for the free publicity our phones are ringing and the truth never hurts if it is the truth. That's why it doesn't hurt. :) I'll keep writing as long as you keep writing me back and harassing me. I have the right to defend myself and my company ,you posting it out there which is good by the way for free publicity is fine but without my consent of posting some personal info out there and altering some of it...not good ...Already had my lawyer check it out and spoke with the chat room mediator, not good. Hope you get a good lawyer...

To: Pinto, Bobby
Subject: RE: FYI

Bring it on...I have a lawyer for your spam emails you keep sending me. I don't know how you got my email but I had asked you to remove it from your list. I post what you had said....the truth hurts.

Wanted to drop off this e-mail to you. I am at a career fair working. Someone from our legal office called and asked if I gave anyone permission to post my personal info on a chat line. First of all thanks for the free publicity because people investigating flight schools hear good and bad and want to find out themselves and my office back home tells me the phones are ringing, Thanks for that but unfortunately for you, you did a bad thing. Instead of handling things as a professional between two people with different philosophies of something you have to take it personally and post it out there with your friends which you got their chat room in trouble now because they also know that it is a boo-boo and something legal has to happen. I do have all your info which I will be giving to our legal team and we also know the airline you work for (I mean ********************ty airline, your line again) and I also have a copy of all of our e-mails to each other. I hope you did not alter the one you posted...Anyways thanks for the free publicity but I am a little disappointed in you taking that route. At the end of the day we are an option. If you do not want to go the instructor route or the military route or the college route then you can look at our route because at the end of the day everyone has a choice and not one is right or wrong but we feel just like everyone doing the other routes that ours is cheaper in the long run quicker getting you to an airline and more successful when getting there and not failing out or getting turned away. Thanks a have a great day and be expecting a call but not from me. Thanks again for the FREE publicity because whether good or bad it's publicity kind of like Paris Hilton or this New York Governor people are reading about you.

Bobby

a lawyer for spam emails... a lawyer for posting a letter.... frivilous lawsuit anyone? guys if you want to sue, don't talk smack like NFL DBs do, then lose the game... just file the complaint and hit them with it.. don't ever threaten to sue...just do it...

Bobby,

What I did learn in the military is a correct way to write an email. Spell-check everything!!! Your grammar leaves little to be desired. As per your question... The major was in BioChemistry and if you even think that you can compare to my credentials to a kid coming out of your school with Gulfstream's reputation...good luck. What you should be telling these kids is the truth...stay in school!! I guess you sit at a desk now and collect a paycheck and thats what matters to you. But you are the reason why some of the pilot friends of mine are unable to buy houses or cars. You don't tell them its gonna take a long time to make the big bucks. And the guys your putting through...wooaaa. I talked to a sim guy out there in Colorado about a guy that was from your school that drove his truck through a cornfield and you guys brushed it to the side and let him finish...CLASS!!! And for your Brasilia's ...who wants to fly that heap? Talk about a dead end.

So go ahead and make your calls...recruit more kids so they won't have a pot to piss in for the next 10-15 years and go home feeling great about your job at Gulfstream. Once again, I didn't write the initial email but we can keep this email going so I can hear how you substantiate Gulfstream's credentials.
FROM BOBBY PINTO: (GULFSTREAM)

First of all I never said military pilots wash out what I did say if a kid comes to me and tells me he wants to be a pilot and is going to go to the military he might want to think twice about it. Because only a few make it as a military pilot. Believe me after 16 years that we are in this business I can't count how many guys coming out of the military still pursuing their dreams of becoming a pilot but are now in their late 20's, 30's and 40's coming into our program because this is the fastest, least expensive and most successful way of getting into the airlines. they do not have years to waste because as you know being an Airline Pilot in a ********************ty Airline (not my line yours by the way) Seniority is what counts. And if we can help these pilots get into the Airlines a lot faster than any other route than in the long run they will thank us which they have over the last 16 years. And if you do your math genius we start out pilots at $19.60 per hour. They are guaranteed 75 per month but they average 90-100 hours permonth. Plus medical, dental, 401K and their Airline ID. If you do your homework you will find that first year F/O's at these regional start anywhere from $18 to around $30 average is $22-$25. They are guaranteed 75 hours monthly and I can tell you know most will not fly more than that their first year because of reserves and they have to commute to where ever our pilots only commute in Florida and they average 90-100 hours a month...they make more money and it goes up every year and here the average upgrade is 1 1/2 - 2 years max and they start at $34-36 and if they are on the Brasilia it's even more. Don't talk until you have the facts and as far as the young kids they can do both work and get their degree most people do that these days and most can handle if n to go to college 4-5 years and try not to drink to much beer and get an education. And I work in management not flying. I was trained and schooled for that most pilots are schooled to fly a plane not manage or work in administration. What is you degree in? Our kids by the time they are 23 are making very good money at an airline and paying their loans most kids getting out of college are in debt well over $100k and no job and a high wash out rate. Don't blame me or scabs most need to look in the mirror and see that the other airlines are trying to stay in business with fuel prices people not wanting to pay high prices yet you have these EMPLOYEES wanting to make more money because they feel they deserve it or feel they are ENTITLED to it. Wake up and smell the coffee this is one industry there are people working 40 to over 80 hours a week including doctors and you fly 10-15 days out of the month? Be careful who you complain to the only one's that can whine are these pilots to each other and using fake names on the internet.

FROM ME:

As per my phone message I left you, I did not know that email was sent out. I do however know that your training facility is less than perfect in what kind of people are coming out of there. Including the 2 Gulfstream pilots that were at Pinnacle and had the double engine failure at FL410. I believe that your email was misinformed of correct information regarding military pilots also. Most military pilots do not wash out...most see that you cant make the money that the military can pay you as a pilot and choose other professions to go into...which some of my friends have done...

I only question why you are still at this flight school and you yourself aren't at an airline living this glamorous life. I also want to inform you that these high school kids that you are hoping to place in an airline is only a detriment to their career since competition will be fierce going against college educated pilots...yes a resume with that on it still matters. And when they do try to get that education while working how hard that might be to get another education loan on top of the 70-80K they already owe. I only hope that with all this information that you are not telling these kids they will be able to pay back these huge loans that will cripple their next 20-30 years trying to pay them back.

I am a former Navy Pilot/college educated and with the information that you thought to reply back to me with I hope you can start putting a little more of the truth out there to these young kids to get educated first. Not have these guys come out of your school and work for $18 a flight hour and expect to be able to live and pay loans off while still having food on the table. This is exactly why the pay is so low industry wide...people like you that are putting these young kids out there to work for scraps while operating a $30-40 million dollar aircraft for executives that get huge clauses in their contracts for compensation while they bankrupt the company they represent. Maybe if we had some people that stood up for these people we can get the pay back to where it once was. Maybe you can talk to your boss, "The Eastern Scab" that crossed the picket lines to screw his fellow employees when it mattered. And lets just finish by saying that I didn't pay for training, I pledged my life for it.

CONTINUED

damn Mentor you really hate him and the academy hehe.... I am sure you are not going there? so did you ever requested information to begin with? I am sure you did, thats why you are getting emails from them...

any ways just my 2 cents...

Latest resources

Back