Gulfstream to UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
27 driver said:
I don't know where you got your information, but custom Air Transport has not flown struck work for UPS. UPS would have to be on strike for the work to be struck. Second of all, if you are refering to the Menlo freight, CAT had a contract with Menlo long before UPS bought them. Cat was there first and UPS contracted with CAT to continue flying the freight. When UPS has the staff and airplanes to fly the freight, they will fly it. Get your facts straight before you acuse people of flying struck freight.

No, I am not referring to the Menlo freight. I was referring to something well over 7 years ago when CAT was just getting started. Take it easy. I think it is somewhat of a fact that UPS does not want to hire anyone from CAT. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right.

If QOL and 121 pic turbine is what you want Do it. I know a few flying the brown tail that flew for Gulfstream

Being a South Florida native, I can tell you that I have ran into alot of GS guys on my commute. How I, and other people might view their practices are not important. What I have found out, and some GS guys can coment, is that they seem to change their domiciels pretty often. I have ran into the same captain in three different airports who told me that they keep changing his bases, (who was a off the street captain from ACA) I never worked there, but I do know a few that did. Again, just think, would you like it if you were stuck there for a while?

Yeah, good point. I'll have to look into the base change thing. Yeah QOL and being close to family again is important, but so is turbine PIC. I have a decent job right now and I'm getting turbine PIC so any other job I would take, be it Gulfstream or 135 or corporate in the FL area, would hopefully be the same. Not setting my sights on GIA or anything in particular for that matter, just looking at my options and how they might pan out for the future.

Thanks to all the posters with serious replies

As much as I abhor Gulfstream style PFJ as a way to enter this career, I don't think being a Gulfstream street Capt would hurt you at UPS.

guys,
a little reading comprehension. he doesn't want to work for ups. he currently works as one of their feeder pilots with a real opportunity to upgrade to a 1900 with his current company. he's wanting to know if he should continue with his current job, or take one with Gulfstream in FL, and whether the latter would hurt his career.

citabria, check your pms.

de727ups said:
As much as I abhor Gulfstream style PFJ as a way to enter this career, I don't think being a Gulfstream street Capt would hurt you at UPS.

Don, you should know about that firsthand.

Latest resources

Back