• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
Heyas,

If you sent me a PM concerning GIA street captain jobs, I accidently deleted them. Now I have no idea who wrote me and what questions they asked. Go ahead and post any questions you have here so the others can read the answers.

Honestly, even though I did accidently delete your PM's, the amount I received was overwhelming. There was no way I could keep track of all you guys!

-Ruskie

What type of pay? What are they requiring for mins now? How much turbine time are they looking for? How do they bid for bases? Is tampa hard to get?

Thanks

What type of pay? What are they requiring for mins now? How much turbine time are they looking for? How do they bid for bases? Is tampa hard to get?

Thanks
First year pay is around 32 per hour in the 1900. $1.40 perdiem after 9 hours duty. 2:1 duty rig. Turbine time is prefered but not required.

Bidding for bases is after becoming qualified in the a/c type. Openings are everywhere. TPA should be easy to get within a few months if you don't get it right away.

How much multi (piston) and TT are they requiring?

You'd have to be quite confused to waste 30g in the current regional hiring climate. That place craked me up listening to all the wannabes and foreigners trying to handle the radios in and out of FLL as I towed banners through their airspace all day. It sounded like they were all working on their PPL or something.

Oh yeah, and having to listen to someone murmer "mcjohn" "mcjohn" on FLL's approach freq after my radio calls was a little annoying. :mad:
Geewilikers, wonder who that was....probably someone here who has more posts on this website than I do.

Kids these days.

As far as Jet University goes, the guy in charge has a constant battle with his prospective student's bank lenders not allowing him to deposit the money into his own personal non-business bank account because of course......that is illegal. It is all crookery.

What they/he taught a couple guys in my class on the CRJ did absolutely nothing to prepare them and they both freely admit it was a complete waste of $18,000. Half the stuff they learned is in complete conflict with our company POH. Have fun trying to unlearn what cost you $18,000.

Last edited:
You'd have to be quite confused to waste 30g in the current regional hiring climate. That place craked me up listening to all the wannabes and foreigners trying to handle the radios in and out of FLL as I towed banners through their airspace all day. It sounded like they were all working on their PPL or something.
Agreed! Now that the regionals have super low minimums, our current crop of pilots is the lowest of the low.

Oh yeah, and having to listen to someone murmer "mcjohn" "mcjohn" on FLL's approach freq after my radio calls was a little annoying. :mad:
Geewilikers, wonder who that was....probably someone here who has more posts on this website than I do.
Hey, I was just trying to be friendly!

As far as Jet University goes, the guy in charge has a constant battle with his prospective student's bank lenders not allowing him to deposit the money into his own personal non-business bank account because of course......that is illegal. It is all crookery.
I have nothing good to say about those people. Talk about bad moral character.
What they/he taught a couple guys in my class on the CRJ did absolutely nothing to prepare them and they both freely admit it was a complete waste of $18,000. Half the stuff they learned is in complete conflict with our company POH. Have fun trying to unlearn what cost you $18,000.
Where are you at now? I didn't realize you left S. FL! We never got a beer!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back