• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's a certain art to pulling just one of the props into beta... :D

Do tell - this might be a good story...

:laugh:

Do tell - this might be a good story... :laugh:

LOL, no story -- just a handy technique if you're landing in a really stiff crosswind. After touchdown, you pull just the downwind prop into ground-fine, and it keeps it from weathervaning without all that tedious rudder work. Of course, if you pull the wrong one....... :eek:

Now that Gulfstream is hiring the 'normal' way which would be a better airline to get in and get out?

Gulfstream:
+ No training contract.
+ Quick upgrade
+ Better per hour pay (according to another website)
+ They are hurting for captains
- 6 hour one way commute
- Non union

Great Lakes:
+ 2 hrs one way commute
+ Quick upgrade (a buddy said 300 hrs of company time gets you there)
- Not a single cent paid during training
- Training contract for 15 months (even though is pro rated)
+ Good rep with Alaska and Frontier
- $15hrs to start (ouch)
- Union

Or should one has to chose Pinchnickle and go for a better equipment and similar upgrade times?

If these are your "big choices" I suggest playing in traffic. Seriously, there are a lot of options out there right now much better than these two. Lakes has always been the bad joke of the industry. I have experience with both. One I refuse to fly on (stalling at 500' tends to turn me off). The other airlines chief pilot used the F-Word on a conference call interview for an industry publication and then hung up. So, there you go.

If you want advancement you should be going for fast upgrade in the largest most complex aircraft possible. PIC Jet time is where it's at, if you want to move to a major. Experience in the area you will fly in for the rest of your life is key. FL350+ in a Jet. Not to many majors flying turbo props at 17,000' now a days. You know what I mean? When you get to the big interview, you want to be able to think to yourself, "I've done that and been there" not "I have no idea what these guys are talking about".;)

Latest resources

Back