• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream is Bankrupt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$20,000? Try $32,699! These people truly have no shame.

It is amazing people can be so dumb to spend that kind of money to be a passanger. Why not just build your time the old fashioned way rather than buying it. These are the morons complain about the pay at regionals.

Come on guys, how about a Gulfstream Academy Hall of Fame? Oh, okay, nevermind, a Hall of Shame is more like it:
Pinnacle FL410 pilots: Gulfstream grads
Comair LEX F.O.: Gulfstream grad
Colgan BUF CA: Gulfstream grad

Come on guys, how about a Gulfstream Academy Hall of Fame? Oh, okay, nevermind, a Hall of Shame is more like it:

And it's strange too because Gulfstream doesn't make new pilots, its presumed they already have the knowledge and skill before they pay for the job. How is it that all these pilots were involved in fatal crashes to be at fault? Just a coincidence?

And it's strange too because Gulfstream doesn't make new pilots, its presumed they already have the knowledge and skill before they pay for the job. How is it that all these pilots were involved in fatal crashes to be at fault? Just a coincidence?

They only people I see that went to Gulfstream were fast track hero's from schools like ATP. Does that explain more?

and notice not one accident above happend at GIA. All accidents were long after and all pilots were trained by other companies training department.

and notice not one accident above happend at GIA. All accidents were long after and all pilots were trained by other companies training department.

I think the point is when you take a no time guy and stick him..i mean, let him buy... 1900 time until he has enough supervised hours to get a job flying a jet at a bottom feeder regional then maybe, just maybe, the public interest is not being served.

Perhaps, and this is just me shoot'n from the hip...but perhaps pilots of high performance airplanes flying the paying public should have real experience. Maybe it shouldn't just be a requirement to have access to a stack of money to be a pilot. Money is part of it...but maybe it shouldn't be the ONLY thing. Maybe money should just be enough of it to get you to where you can really learn TEACHING others.

Ya want to bypass the Military AND instructing? What else do you want to bypass...safety?

Screw GIA. Hope they burn and all pilots who buy their jobs find another profession.

They only people I see that went to Gulfstream were fast track hero's from schools like ATP. Does that explain more?

I think you're right. It has to do with who they attract. All the Gulfstream folks that I've known, although only a handful, were marginal to incompetent.

Law of primacy?

I hope they don't go away I was hoping to pay $20,000 to sit in the right seat, so someday I can get a job making $20,000 in a Jet. Seems like a good investment.

I went to GIA in '04, was hired at DAL in '07. The CFI that taught at the part 141 school where i got ALL of my ratings in 11 weeks (NOT GIA)...is STILL at Express Jet. My $20,000 INVESTMENT in myself got me to a major at a minimum 2 years before any other CFI in my peer group. That means I will be a widebody Captain at the end of my career for a full 2 years longer than someone who went the CFI route...my career earnings will be at a minimum $400,000 more as a result. Not even counting the time/value of money of being at DAL YEARS ahead of the CFI's that taught me.

Maybe those of you wishing for GIA's demise should take a basic course in accounting and investing before bashing something of which your knowledge is lacking. everytime i see threads like this bashing GIA I laugh all the way to the bank. I will gross $8154 this month, seems like a GOOD investment to me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back