• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream is Bankrupt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to GIA in '04, was hired at DAL in '07. The CFI that taught at the part 141 school where i got ALL of my ratings in 11 weeks (NOT GIA)...is STILL at Express Jet. My $20,000 INVESTMENT in myself got me to a major at a minimum 2 years before any other CFI in my peer group. That means I will be a widebody Captain at the end of my career for a full 2 years longer than someone who went the CFI route...my career earnings will be at a minimum $400,000 more as a result. Not even counting the time/value of money of being at DAL YEARS ahead of the CFI's that taught me.

Maybe those of you wishing for GIA's demise should take a basic course in accounting and investing before bashing something of which your knowledge is lacking. everytime i see threads like this bashing GIA I laugh all the way to the bank. I will gross $8154 this month, seems like a GOOD investment to me.

One of the greatest threats to this career is guys like yourself that would continue to promote low ball operations because of your own ego and special situation. The race to the bottom may pull you down sometime in the future and in the spirit of karma, buyer beware.

I went to GIA in '04, was hired at DAL in '07. The CFI that taught at the part 141 school where i got ALL of my ratings in 11 weeks (NOT GIA)...is STILL at Express Jet. My $20,000 INVESTMENT in myself got me to a major at a minimum 2 years before any other CFI in my peer group. That means I will be a widebody Captain at the end of my career for a full 2 years longer than someone who went the CFI route...my career earnings will be at a minimum $400,000 more as a result. Not even counting the time/value of money of being at DAL YEARS ahead of the CFI's that taught me.

Maybe those of you wishing for GIA's demise should take a basic course in accounting and investing before bashing something of which your knowledge is lacking. everytime i see threads like this bashing GIA I laugh all the way to the bank. I will gross $8154 this month, seems like a GOOD investment to me.

Andyd,
I'm sure that your CFI at ExpressJet would have probably gone to Delta after 3 years at Gulfstream like you, but he's probably been at XJT for several years now as a Captain and making decent money. I know many people at XJT that would love to make the jump to a major or LCC but can't do it for a number of reasons. Whether it is because of their current financial obligations, no want to start commuting, can't sell their house and can't relocate, caring for a family member, etc. It's a no brainer for you because you stand to get a pay raise immediately, for him probably not. It all comes down to where you stand financially now and your current financial obligations. Maybe he has a wife and kids to support and can't take a pay cut for the next few years until he reaches his current pay again. Maybe he has no intention to start at the bottom of a very HUGE list of pilots. Maybe he has no want to move his family from IAH and start a commuting life. Whatever his reason is to stay at XJT is his business, I don't fault him or others like him for staying at the company and I certainly don't think you are any more successful as a pilot because you were able to make the jump to fly with the big boys. I personally know many pilots that I consider substandard at really good companies flying really big equipment and I know many pilots that I consider exceptional at regional carriers making much less than their Major airline counterparts. Good job getting to a good financial position but don't think for a second that you are any more successful than your old CFI because you are going to be a "Widebody Captain" while he may never do anything after ERJ Captain, get over yourself.

OK great lets get this straight, law of primacy right?

Flagship 4701- High altitude jet aerodynamics and exceeding of profiles and limitations. lets see the 1900 is a turbo prop that only goes to 25000ft.. In case you don't know that does not require a high altitude endorsement. And GIA does not teach the limitations of a CRJ that would be Pinnacle. so law of primacy argument one is not valid.

Lexington - Captain was the one who taxied the plane to wrong runway and allowed the takeoff. yes the FO is still responsible but getting on the correct runway is taught in private so i ques we should shutdown Embry Riddle. law of primacy not valid again

Colgan- Improper stall recover with stick shaker and stick pusher. Using the auto pilot in heavy icing conditions. Let me see 1900, no shaker, no pusher, no auto pilot. Law of primacy would fall on Colgan as they were the ones who taught the captain on his first, primacy, aircraft with those features. Primacy argument once again not valid.

If you want to knock GIA and the pilots thats fine just know what the hell you talking about when you do. People have their opinion and that is fine but do not make statements that are complete crap and have no validation.

thanks
shocker

You sound like a gulfstream cheerleader

Latest resources

Back