• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream is Bankrupt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went to GIA in '04, was hired at DAL in '07. The CFI that taught at the part 141 school where i got ALL of my ratings in 11 weeks (NOT GIA)...is STILL at Express Jet. My $20,000 INVESTMENT in myself got me to a major at a minimum 2 years before any other CFI in my peer group. That means I will be a widebody Captain at the end of my career for a full 2 years longer than someone who went the CFI route...my career earnings will be at a minimum $400,000 more as a result. Not even counting the time/value of money of being at DAL YEARS ahead of the CFI's that taught me.

Maybe those of you wishing for GIA's demise should take a basic course in accounting and investing before bashing something of which your knowledge is lacking. everytime i see threads like this bashing GIA I laugh all the way to the bank. I will gross $8154 this month, seems like a GOOD investment to me.

Yea, and occasionally incompetent twits get past the hiring board, even at top carriers like Delta.

Peace.

Rekks

I went to GIA in '04, was hired at DAL in '07. The CFI that taught at the part 141 school where i got ALL of my ratings in 11 weeks (NOT GIA)...is STILL at Express Jet. My $20,000 INVESTMENT in myself got me to a major at a minimum 2 years before any other CFI in my peer group. That means I will be a widebody Captain at the end of my career for a full 2 years longer than someone who went the CFI route...my career earnings will be at a minimum $400,000 more as a result. Not even counting the time/value of money of being at DAL YEARS ahead of the CFI's that taught me.

Maybe those of you wishing for GIA's demise should take a basic course in accounting and investing before bashing something of which your knowledge is lacking. everytime i see threads like this bashing GIA I laugh all the way to the bank. I will gross $8154 this month, seems like a GOOD investment to me.

Well i know a guy that did 1000hrs at PSA then had a job lined up at a major. He knew the CEO and that is all it took. Doesn't mean he deserved or was the best qualified pilot for the job. It just meant that he was able to bypass the hard labor that 99.9% of pilots have to do.
I wouldn't sell this dream to a new pilot. My advice would be worst case. Because that is what reality is all about. It may have worked out for you but i doubt every GIA grad is working at Delta right now. Many are lifers at regionals.

So you got lucky riding around as a passanger on a 1900 and got hired at Delta, congrats. I bet you had to know someone because you obviously haven't had enough time to get 121 pic. So you basically went from no ratings to Delta in 3 years and you are telling me you are experienced, yea right. Better hope nothing happens to the CA. All those cfi's that you refer to, they are working there way up through hard work, gaining experience and not just asking daddy to give them 30 grand to swing gear. Some people don't believe in buying jobs. Going to GIA is not an investment it is buying a job.

Last edited:

Equal to a F"n SCAB

I'd really like to pull the CVR when you reply to the inevitable 'where were you before Delta' question at the start of a trip. You either lie your @ss off or get ignored for a couple days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6zLrwddMZQ

This one is new to me. Can we add it to the FI Gulfstream Youtube Infamy Wall?

I currently without a job with heavy 121 time and still difficult to get on at most regionals and this jackass has the nerve to come on here and GLOAT about his position at DELTA with ATP mins! un freekin believable!!!!

Sounds like someone's got a mainline daddy like the Swanson guy from the youtube video. Well done bro. You win the awesome award. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7U8LJyIBAU

Law of primacy?

OK great lets get this straight, law of primacy right?

Flagship 4701- High altitude jet aerodynamics and exceeding of profiles and limitations. lets see the 1900 is a turbo prop that only goes to 25000ft.. In case you don't know that does not require a high altitude endorsement. And GIA does not teach the limitations of a CRJ that would be Pinnacle. so law of primacy argument one is not valid.

Lexington - Captain was the one who taxied the plane to wrong runway and allowed the takeoff. yes the FO is still responsible but getting on the correct runway is taught in private so i ques we should shutdown Embry Riddle. law of primacy not valid again

Colgan- Improper stall recover with stick shaker and stick pusher. Using the auto pilot in heavy icing conditions. Let me see 1900, no shaker, no pusher, no auto pilot. Law of primacy would fall on Colgan as they were the ones who taught the captain on his first, primacy, aircraft with those features. Primacy argument once again not valid.

If you want to knock GIA and the pilots thats fine just know what the hell you talking about when you do. People have their opinion and that is fine but do not make statements that are complete crap and have no validation.

thanks
shocker

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back