• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream international ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my referral to work rules was the 2x pay for ALL overtime, unlike DAL where as a reserve ot is paid at straight time unless it is a inverse assignment or a true greenslip for a lineholder. GIA also has a 4.0hr min, DAL's is 3.25, also the trip and duty rigs are better at GIA. My definition of a "good working relationship" with scheduling means answering the phone on my days off, speaking to them with respect rather than animosity. I have the utmost admiration and respect for DAL, I LOVE working there...bar none, it is the best job I've ever had. Is there room for improvement in the contract sure, do other companies have areas in their contract that is better than ours...YES. I was simply pointing out the positives of working at GIA rather than accentuate the negative...that is far too easy to do no matter where you work.

As for the training at GIA I stand by my first statement. The AQP program at DAL and ANY carrier for that matter is a complete joke when it comes to training systems...there is NONE! You study an interactive cdrom and take a 100 question multiple guess test (that they give you the questions/answers to BEFORE taking the test). There is no oral, unless you are checking out in the 777.

How about you guy's look past my spelling errors and your hate and vitrol in regards to GIA and think about what I said about career planning and progression for just a second? And no, I didn't get my degree online. I am a 1990 graduate of Washington State University, 3.0gpa (not great but not retarded either) I don't use spell check on here and you know, being human and all...make a mistake once in a while like everyone else....lighten up francis.

Try and look at the good side of things for a change, accuentuate the positive and smile when you don't feel like it...you just MIGHT be a happier person.

Thank you, Yoda, for gracing us little guys with your mighty presence. Once I got past the Gulfstream informercial, I had to listen to your worldly advice about 'wasting away in an RJ.' Lemme guess- shooting the visual into Nairobi after a low pass to chase a couple of mating wildebeests off the runway is somehow superior on a resume to six legs in and out of LGA in bad weather? And all this time I thought majors were looking for 'real world' experience. My bad. How you fit your head through a cockpit door baffles me. Captains must avoid you like the friggin' plague.

Truth is, you have NO IDEA when the next hiring cycle will be, for how long, or who will be chosen over another- and why. If you think you were lucky in your career, then shut up and count your blessings- and don't impart your 'superior knowledge' on us regional pukes. Knowing I may end up at a major and have to fly a 4-day with someone like you makes me seriously consider staying in the minors. Go back to the Majors section- and stay there. If us 'little guys' decide that we need your omnipotent guidance (don't hold your breath), we'll know where to find you.

eric,

If I aimed low and missed......please explain how I was at GIA for 10 months and ended up at the worlds largest airline on an international widebody making $104/hr on yr 3 pay? Doesn't seem like loosing in my book....Jeoulous Eric?

Andy

Big Clock Little C*ck alert!

eric,

If I aimed low and missed......please explain how I was at GIA for 10 months and ended up at the worlds largest airline on an international widebody making $104/hr on yr 3 pay? Doesn't seem like loosing in my book....Jeoulous Eric?

Andy
Not in the least, I stand by my statement. Anybody who thinks that stepping to the front of line, via checkbook is ok, is pathetic! You think I am "stuck" where I am? I can do any number of things for work and be perfectly happy, I paid my dues in all of them, the hard way, by working my way up from the bottom. So you go ahead and take your $104.00hr and spend it like there is no tomorrow, because there isn't gonna be. Your pay is coming down to our level, just wait till mother DAL figgers out a way to do it, you will strike and be unemployed while GIA grads and alumnus along with Phojeters flock to DAL to get the "new" jobs your strike created.Your job is safe from me though, the only way I would cross a picket line is in a lifted F250 using scabs for traction, and then I would back up for a few more.
PBR

Not in the least, I stand by my statement. Anybody who thinks that stepping to the front of line, via checkbook is ok, is pathetic

Ok, Why don't you ask the guys and gals at ASA,Comair, and eagle that PFT back in the 90's.
Again I stand by my statement, PFT is pathetic and actually it is the same mentality that has destroyed this industry for the employees. It doesn't matter who the PFT, is they all suck, GIA is just a lightening rod these days.
PBR

The original question that opened this thread was about hiring of street captains and what he could expect if he went there as a street captain...there was NO mention of PFT until you brought it up. So are all the guys that went to Commutair, Colgan, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Mesa and GOJets lumped in with the PFT'ers in your book as well? During the last hiring boom all of the above, in addition to GIA hired street captains. How is accepting a job as a street captain in some way cheating the system or not paying your dues? I think that's pretty self limiting and short sighted to say the least. So, should the FO at Eagle stay there for a 9 or 10 year upgrade (Comair now too is in that ballpark).....and "pay thier dues", wait to upgrade and potentially miss a hiring cycle, thus costing themselves untold 100's of thousands of dollars in lost earnings potential......or should they cut bait and take a street captains job someplace and enhance thier career? Only a fool would keep the blinders on and NOT consider it. In a nutshell I was simply saying that since there is 1 job for every 10-20 guys applying...it only makes sense to do whatever it takes to try and better yourself and market yourself as best as possible. I was not trying to talk down to anyone or rub anyones nose in anything. A question was asked, I answered it with MY opinion. If you don't like it, then tuff cookies...don't read it!!! The nicest thing about advice is you don't have to take it. But maybe someone on here with an open mind will take the advice and I hope they are competing for the same job as you someday...I'd rather not share a cockpit with a closeminded simpleton like you anyways. Tell you what, you ever get hired at DAL...pm me and I'll give you my employee number so you can put me on your no fly list as a Captain.

Peace out.....

The original question that opened this thread was about hiring of street captains and what he could expect if he went there as a street captain...there was NO mention of PFT until you brought it up. So are all the guys that went to Commutair, Colgan, Mesaba, Pinnacle, Mesa and GOJets lumped in with the PFT'ers in your book as well? During the last hiring boom all of the above, in addition to GIA hired street captains. How is accepting a job as a street captain in some way cheating the system or not paying your dues? I think that's pretty self limiting and short sighted to say the least. So, should the FO at Eagle stay there for a 9 or 10 year upgrade (Comair now too is in that ballpark).....and "pay thier dues", wait to upgrade and potentially miss a hiring cycle, thus costing themselves untold 100's of thousands of dollars in lost earnings potential......or should they cut bait and take a street captains job someplace and enhance thier career? Only a fool would keep the blinders on and NOT consider it. In a nutshell I was simply saying that since there is 1 job for every 10-20 guys applying...it only makes sense to do whatever it takes to try and better yourself and market yourself as best as possible. I was not trying to talk down to anyone or rub anyones nose in anything. A question was asked, I answered it with MY opinion. If you don't like it, then tuff cookies...don't read it!!! The nicest thing about advice is you don't have to take it. But maybe someone on here with an open mind will take the advice and I hope they are competing for the same job as you someday...I'd rather not share a cockpit with a closeminded simpleton like you anyways. Tell you what, you ever get hired at DAL...pm me and I'll give you my employee number so you can put me on your no fly list as a Captain.

Peace out.....
You just don't get it! That's ok, you will never see the left seat of a DAL A/C as the commander, when mother D gets done with their side of the industry you will be swinging some Comair or Peeknuckle's landing gear lever or worse working the drivethrough at Wendy's. You left Peeknuckle because the upgrade wasn't fast enuff, thats ok, at least you missed out on the 410club, you didn't miss much learning either, because you already know it all, because you are a mother D duckling. BTW I won't be joining your seniority list, no desire to look like a Panamanian doorman or Ugandan U-boat commander.
Good luck, give genny lee a hug!
PBR

Again I stand by my statement, PFT is pathetic and actually it is the same mentality that has destroyed this industry for the employees. It doesn't matter who the PFT, is they all suck, GIA is just a lightening rod these days.
PBR

You are 100% right. How will the wages ever come up above a grocery clerk when morons are paying for their jobs. The companies are laughing how stupid pilots are. I will give $18,000 for my job to make $19,000/year, good investment.

Latest resources

Back