• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream G550

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've only done one approach where the EVS/HUD has been at all helpful. It is much better when the EVS/FLIR picture is displayed on one of the cockpit displays. I would like to do ASE at night just to see what you get.

As for range, we did LAX-RJGG (Nagoya, Japan) at M.85 with plenty of reserve left. Same trip we did Beijing-Genoa again at M.85. We left Luton for EWR with full fuel (it was cheaper to buy gas at Luton than EWR!) at max gross and climbed to FL380 AND did M.85.

It's a beast.TC

Lilah said:
So, are VFR arrivals not allowed at night? It's clear the "Roaring Fork Visual" is out of the question, as are departures, but how about cancelling IFR and proceding visually?
The airport is closed from 11pm-7am. Night VFR?:eek: Don't do it!

KASE is one of our most frequent stops. Our company policy is "no go" if the wx is less than 5000'/5sm (more than 2x the published mins.). We keep an SUV at Grand Junction and the boss is happy to drive if there's any question about wx.

HMR--We go to ALEX before we miss. Gets a little iffy up there...TC

AA717driver said:
HMR--We go to ALEX before we miss. Gets a little iffy up there...TC
Wait until you try using ALLIX!:p

I think your GV creates more thrust out of the APU exhaust than my plane with both engines firewalled! Don't you guys just climb vertically to 410 on a missed?:D

HMR said:
I think your GV creates more thrust out of the APU exhaust than my plane with both engines firewalled! Don't you guys just climb vertically to 410 on a missed?:D
LMFAO!!!

Climb vertically on a missed? No. We could, mind you, but it creates too many problems for ATC.

No, on go arounds we just leave the gear down and full flaps and half power so it performs like other bizjets... ;) TC

P.S.--Having flown SD360's and DC9-30's I've filled the "underpowered airplane" square on the experience form... :D

When I worked in the Northeast, we had a G5 stop to pick someone up on their way from Texas to Amsterdam, and they took a whopping 200 gallons of fuel. They said they didn't even need it, but they didn't want to pay the ramp fee.

Anybody know what the small blister under the nose is?
Relief tube dump for when your Captain stinks up the forward lav and there's just no way you're gonna brave the funk for a mere Number 1 event? :(

Minhberg

Latest resources

Back