• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream G550

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
on another note, Naples to London isn't even a stretch for the 550...sounds like some guy looking for a free ride. Probably flew on a Global Express from London back to Naples...just to see if it could do it non-stop as well.

:)

the 550 is the sexiest plane out there...

sqwkvfr said:
I watched it a while back and it showed an approach into Aspen with and without EVS...it's pretty neat.
Real handy if you ever go into Aspen at NIGHT!:eek: :confused:

We have a more cost effective EVS on the Astra: We use a spray bottle, clean towel and a series of parallel wiping motions.:)

Irish Pilot said:
the 550 is the sexiest plane out there...

Meh, not really...but it's nice.

HMR said:
Real handy if you ever go into Aspen at NIGHT!:eek: :confused:

We have a more cost effective EVS on the Astra: We use a spray bottle, clean towel and a series of parallel wiping motions.:)

I found this quote...

- FOR ALL GA OPNS BTWN 30 MIN AFT SS TO 2300 THE FOLLOWING APPLIES: ACFT EQUIPPED AS RQRD UNDER FAR 91.205(D) FOR INST FLT - PILOT IS INST RATED; VFR PIC HAS COMPLETED AT LEAST ONE TKOF OR LDNG IN THE PRECEDING 12 MONTHS AT ASE. IFR: EXECUTE APCH/DEP PROCEDURES WITH ATC CLNC.- STAGE II/III ACFT ONLY FROM 0700 TO 30 MIN AFT SS BY COUNTY ORDINANCE. STAGE III ACFT ONLY FROM 30 MIN AFT SS TO 2300. NO DEPS AFT 2230. ALL STAGE I ACFT OPNS PROHIBITED; VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.

So, are VFR arrivals not allowed at night? It's clear the "Roaring Fork Visual" is out of the question, as are departures, but how about cancelling IFR and proceding visually?

Lilah

PS. In a case like this, I DO think an EVS would help. I talked to a "special" crew who had flown their G-V into unlit fields in Africa using this system.

Latest resources

Back