• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Down in the South of France?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last whiz bang copped an attitude because I questioned WTF we were doing flying an approach, expecting to land after doing the BC at SNA, in a 767-300ER.

My luck of the draw getting one of the frustrated private pilot sim instructors thought he was a Check Airman.

Laughing and crying at the same time.

I'm telling all the USAir people I see to bulldoze GSW and never let anyone who worked there into training at USAir. "Salt the earth."

They just go 'deer in the headlights'. We're doomed. ;)

Hang in there, C150.

TC

They don't need to call me.....WE will be calling them soon with information...........but I would welcome a call from the FAA and NTSB. I prefer it from the NTSB....FAA is a joke and already should have shut this shthole operation down.

Another piece of info a CURRENT employee told me yesterday. The OWNER of UJET was on the plane as part of the required 3 pilot crew. Got off in Nice so he could go home. Was supposed to stay on the plane for that last leg according to regs............so maybe a violation there.

Just what I heard yesterday from a CURRENT employee. Actually, employees are leaving fast.

Who in the hell wants the name Universal Jet on their resume.......

Another piece of info a CURRENT employee told me yesterday. The OWNER of UJET was on the plane as part of the required 3 pilot crew. Got off in Nice so he could go home. Was supposed to stay on the plane for that last leg according to regs............so maybe a violation there.

What reg are you talking about? It was undoubtedly flown part 91 which would be legal if there were no passengers or cargo on board.

Last edited:
What reg are you talking about? It was undoubtedly flown part 91 which would be legal if there were no passengers or cargo on board.

No idea. I'm hearing something was not legal.....from current employees at UJET. We'll see soon enough.

From what I understand if the aircraft is on a 135 certificate, even though its flown empty, reposition, you still have to abide by the crew flight and duty limitations.
As far as the age rule, I believe you can be over 65 and be SIC as long as the PIC is under 60.

This is just gonna make SMS even more of an issue! Most of us have it but unless we follow it and practice it, accidents will continue to happen.

From what I understand if the aircraft is on a 135 certificate, even though its flown empty, reposition, you still have to abide by the crew flight and duty limitations.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you suggesting that an airplane on a pt 135 certificate cannot be flown under pt 91?

You're almost right. According to the pt 135, you must count all flight time from the start of your duty day (including pt 91 flights) until the end of the pt 135 flight. Once the pt 135 flight is concluded, there is nothing to prevent you from flying under pt 91 since there are no flight time restrictions under pt 91. If you were to then fly another pt 135 leg, every leg would have to be considered since you are now flying under pt 135 rules which require all flight time to be considered. It would be different if an operator stipulated in their flight operations manual that all legs are to be flown pt 135, but that would be more restrictive then the actual regs.

If you fly the aircraft under pt 135, you have to comply with pt 135 rules. If you fly the aircraft under pt 91, you have to comply with pt 91 rules which do not address maximum flight time. And, before someone says this inconsistency is not safe, consider this particular flight. How would a 3rd pilot have made this flight safer? It's a 15 min flight from Nice to LFMQ. Should they have rotated the resting pilot every 5 min?

I see what youre saying but there is a grey area there that I'm sure will be investigated. Did the company pay off its own dime the relocation cost of moving the aircraft or was that still charged to the customer? When you consider regulations you are prob right but I'm sure the lawyers and insurance company will look at this leg as a charter 135 flight.

Latest resources

Back