• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I;m not trying to start a fight really....but i'm curious. I just got hired at "A" and during the company presentation, someone asked about going between "I" and "A" and something to the effect of that around november "I" was going to have to take some percentage of new hires from "A." I want to say the number i remember is 1 of 3....again...just what I heard...

There are "A" guys coming over to "I" now. Have been for more than a year and a half. They have filled 2 of every five new positions created. As of November 2008, "A" guys will fill ALL new positions (with the exception noted earlier of hiring an owner's crew in order to close a sale). All you got to have to bid the gig is 2 years with NJA and 5000 hours total time.

As of November 2008, "A" guys will fill ALL new positions (with the exception noted earlier of hiring an owner's crew in order to close a sale). All you got to have to bid the gig is 2 years with NJA and 5000 hours total time.

Has the question of NJA pilots who move to NJI as FO's upgrading been addressed yet? The word here is that they can only upgrade if they can hold it on the 'virtual' seniority list. Is that the view of NJI?

Haven't a clue on that one. I'm sure if the question were asked, we'd get the Heisman. We keep getting conflicting info on upgrade for post 11/05 hires so....

BIOYA, Troll......that was a cheap shot.
Don't assume we are all "thugs"

I did not say "all the A side thugs" I said " an A side thug" meaning singular. At no time have I or will I ever accuse any group as a whole. Now, are we a little sensitive? All I was saying is that the board was laden with golden silence and not the mindless rant of a few who give the group a bad reputation. AND the G650 looks like some great upgrades in specs.

Gulfstream Unveils Wide-cabin G650[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Savannah, Ga.-based Gulfstream Aerospace this morning unveiled the G650, a clean-sheet design that will topple (but initially not replace) the G550 from its perch as the top Gulfstream business jet when it enters service in the first half of 2012. Compared with its predecessor, the G650 will have a longer, three-inches-taller and 14-inches-wider cabin, offering 28 percent more volume and a lower cabin altitude (4,850 feet at the FL510 ceiling), a larger baggage compartment, a larger main entry door and 16-percent-larger cabin windows. In the cockpit there will be PlaneView II avionics and fly-by-wire flight controls. New Rolls-Royce BR725 engines will propel the 99,600-pound mtow jet, which will have a balanced field length of less than 6,000 feet at mtow and a 3,000-foot landing distance at mlw. The new Gulfstream retains the metal primary construction of its forebears, although metal bonding will be used in place of rivets in the fuselage. Performance targets include 7,000 nm range at Mach 0.85 and 5,000 nm at Mach 0.90. Its top speed of Mach 0.925 will displace, by 3.31 knots, the Mach 0.92 Cessna Citation X from its title of world’s fastest civil aircraft. The company has already committed to the project without launch customers and will start taking orders 30 days from today. Gulfstream expects to fly the upper-$50 million (2012 dollars) G650 in the second half of next year and achieve all-new FAA/EASA certification in 2011.[/FONT]

I probably still won't ever have the seniority to be a captain on it before it is replaced by the next generation. Maybe if I can get my wife working I'll be able to afford to take an FO slot on it some time in the distant future. Sounds like an awesome machine.

In the "worst kept secret" category, Gulfstream Aerospace will formally announce their new aircraft tomorrow, March 13th, at 9:00 AM Eastern.

Expect the so-called "wide-body" Gulfstream to boast a range of around 7000 NM, cruise speed of at least .85M, improved fuel specifics, Planeview cockpit with HUD/EVS II standard with synthetic vision at some point in the future, many of the same systems as on previous Gulfstreams, the trademark Gulfstream windows, and a list price just south of $50 million completed.

I also expect Netjets to have a firm order of around 10 airframes with options for more (yes, they will be operated by NJI) and a planned certification date in early 2010.

I don't know if this is the "big" announcement Captain Dad was talking about but it is a big announcement nonetheless.

What part of "clean sheet design" makes you think it is a derivative aircraft? Read the contract, it will go to NJA!

Edit: I guess the contract wording was changed from "or derivative aircraft" to successor aircraft, my bad.

Last edited:
Just to be clear I checked the NJA CBA.

NJI will fly these aircraft. The NJI/NJA LOA specifies that NJA will fly all G-150 and G-200 aircraft as well as derivative types.

All other Gulfstrem aircraft will be flown by NJI.

Again, a clean sheet design is not a derivative of anything.

Edit: I guess the contract wording was changed from "or derivative aircraft" to successor aircraft, my bad.

Last edited:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Its top speed of Mach 0.925 will displace, by 3.31 knots, the Mach 0.92 Cessna Citation X from its title of world’s fastest civil aircraft.[/FONT]

Wonder how the boys in ICT are gonna feel about this one. That title was the pride and joy of the fleet.

Latest resources

Back