• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did I read any of them yes I have. There are several crew error mistakes out there that I have been told about by actual students and people I know that work in the airlines yet I can't find them on google. How an operation treats its equipment is a direct reflection of the quality of the school.

ToiletDuck said:
Did I read any of them yes I have. There are several crew error mistakes out there that I have been told about by actual students and people I know that work in the airlines yet I can't find them on google. How an operation treats its equipment is a direct reflection of the quality of the school.

First of all, none of those accidents points to a failure of the company to maintain its equipment. Notice that the NTSB faults the manufacturer in several of those incidents for not supplying suitable inspection methods.

Second, the Captain of 3701 received most of his flight time at TSA, not GIA. The 3701 accident has no relation to GIA at all. The other incidents you mention are mechanical, not crew error. Remember, GIA has never had a major accident. No one has ever received a fatal or serious injury on a GIA flight. You can argue that GIA's PFT program is damaging to the profession (and I would agree), but saying that GIA is unsafe just doesn't hold water.

The 3701 accident has no relation to GIA at all.

The co-pilot was a GIA graduate. As I stated I had met the guy. Sitting the the right seat egging the person on isn't helping any. And you can defend them all you want but there have been a few instances. Airlines didn't start dropping them for nothing.

Latest resources

Back