Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
10 atmospheres? 147 psi?

Yes.

The GV pressure vessel was required to be tested at only 17.5 psid, but the company took it to nearly 9 times that with no failure. No Gulfstream has ever had a blow-out as a result of a passenger window failure.

[FONT=&quot]Sec. 25.365 - Pressurized compartment loads.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

For airplanes with one or more pressurized compartments the following apply:

(a) The airplane structure must be strong enough to withstand the flight loads combined with pressure differential loads from zero up to the maximum relief valve setting.

(b) The external pressure distribution in flight, and stress concentrations and fatigue effects must be accounted for.

(c) If landings may be made with the compartment pressurized, landing loads must be combined with pressure differential loads from zero up to the maximum allowed during landing.

(d) The airplane structure must be designed to be able to withstand the pressure differential loads corresponding to the maximum relief valve setting multiplied by a factor of 1.33 for airplanes to be approved for operation to 45,000 feet or by a factor of 1.67 for airplanes to be approved for operation above 45,000 feet, omitting other loads.

[/FONT]I continually hear people referring to the "Grandfathering" of Gulfstream's trademark large oval windows, but anyone who checks the Type Certificate will find see the only window "Equivalent Safety" finding is concerning the Horizontal Axis (as opposed to vertical axis) Emergency Exit windows.

GV

my boss, a multiple 550 owner, was invited to sav this summer for a dinner with gulfstream mgt and some other billionairs. the hush-hush topic of the meeting was to generate interest in a possible new aircraft (g600) the figures they offered were as follows: size of an md80; 9000 mi range @ M95. sound friggin nuts, but thats what he told us.

my boss, a multiple 550 owner, was invited to sav this summer for a dinner with gulfstream mgt and some other billionairs. the hush-hush topic of the meeting was to generate interest in a possible new aircraft (g600) the figures they offered were as follows: size of an md80; 9000 mi range @ M95. sound friggin nuts, but thats what he told us.

Where do I sign up to fly one?????

$70 million? Awesome if the G folks can do it. I'd like to see Dassault's and Bombardier's response a year after. The envelope keeps growing.

Last edited:
Hey, if it's that big, bring it on. No more trying to screw around with ASE on a crappy day... ;) TC

If so than it won't be long until they put 40-50 seats in it and market it to the airlines as an all ellite class international airliner.
$10,000 round trip should do it.

While all you GV drivers are in here, can you tell me a ball park figure for a GV left seat in the Boston area.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Why would you need 9,000 mile range? Who the hell would want to be in a tube that long anyway. M.95, I would love to see the wing design.

If anyone could do it Gulfstream or Lockheed would be the two I would have my money on (if it is to be done right, anyway).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back