• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream 6??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would you need 9,000 mile range? Who the hell would want to be in a tube that long anyway. M.95, I would love to see the wing design.

Swass--Who would want to be in a tube that long? People like my boss who travel 9,000 miles and hate paying for a stop in RJGG for gas...

As for the wing, for a plane that big, I think GLF is going to have to get over their "no slat" bias. JMO.TC

gunfyter--From the description in the article above, I'd say no. If they make it an MD80-sized "ubermachine" I'd say yes.TC

LAX-BKK. IND-HKG. Maybe not 9,000 miles but it would allow him to avoid the stops.TC

Fly from London to NYC and use London for an alternate... :D TC

Fly from London to NYC and use London for an alternate... :D TC

I think you're hitting on an important point. It's not that some customers actually desire to fly 9000 nm non-stop so much as some would actually like to fly their 6500 nm trips with more flexibility (aka less pucker factor).. :eek:

At its surface, I'd certainly prefer to coast out flight planning to land w/ 1+30 reserves rather than +45. That extra hour reserve could save a few seat cushions in the cockpit...

Last edited:
What trips are 9k and how often do you fly them? Just curious.

USA to the hottest markets today, and the foreseeable future...

China and India.

There are companies doing it 3-4X a month and crew swapping in Japan, PANC, Italy, Greece, etc...

Something that will do 9000nm, be comfy, not be an airliner, and fit into current hangars will sell like crazy - even at 70mil+ a copy.

:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back