Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfsteram Intl.... Street Captain

From what I was told, it's mostly day trips with a few two day trips in there as well. You will probably need a crashpad if thats the case, and you're commuting from DFW. I'm gonna be commuting from Orlando, so I'm hoping I can get TPA since it's within driving distance. FLL/MIA would be my second choice.

I'm also wondering how quickly one can expect to hold a line. Oh and how are the pass benefits on Continental?

Ill be in the 11th class as of now. Interview? 2 mins long, followed by a handshake and welcome. The other fellow and I got the same actually. We both had equell total time and BE 1900 time.. I was told the MIMS for Left Seat is ATP multiengine standards,.= or have the fkight time and a written ATP. The check ride will take care of your ATP by default. The meet and greet with Tom, the DO introduced us to the Chief Pilot (friendly but all business) then we were off to pee in a cup. Once we did that, upstairs for Human Resource paperwork, Ya Know? work HX of 10 years? FAA certs and Medical, log books, and stacked application which takes about 2 hours if you have you personnel notes, certs, loggs, ect. All Captain ( i was told) will be in class at Gulfstream Academy for 121 Indoc and systems, BE1900 sim in Orlando, or Witchita KS I was told I can max out on my duty time with the amount of cpt lines and still leave the bid due to duty times SWEET!

I'm lovin all this excitement!! Can't wait to hear their joy come Sept-Oct after they've been used and abused and hung out to dry!! I'm sure they'll be b!tchin like the rest of us.

The commute to/fro DFW can be easy, but it seems to be getting harder and harder. AA can be great either direct or connecting in IAH. They have progressively downgraded some of the equipment the last couple of years. Until we're CASS, only one of us can ride on them at a time unless there are 2 jumpseats open no matter how many seats are open in the back. Definately will need somewhere to stay in base, this month is the most commutable line I've gotten in 2 years and I would still be staying in FL at least 2 nights (prob. more due to summer traffic).

Why does everybody want to come to GIA all of a sudden. I thought we were considered to be at the very bottom of the chain.

Who would have thought just 2 years ago that you could get hired as a captain off the street...albeit GIA. Does anyone think that in the not too distant future, there will be street hire captains in the RJs? FOs are leaving in droves from the regionals, minimums are plummeting, and there is absolutly no mechanism in place to keep good pilots on. Hmmm. Anyone?

Do they require turbine time if you have a ATP 2500 TT and multi time?
Thanks

Latest resources

Back