• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guess your Comair class date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Ever since being laid off by CoEx I have been getting a lit bit bitter towards the aviation industry day-by-day. I think the truth is, is that I see all my friends already making 50, 60, $70,000 in another industry and loving life, while I am married and back living with my parents. I guess I am only 24 years old, but when I was back in high school looking forward to when I was in my mid twenties, I saw myself married, a substantial savings account, my own place to live, etc. Sorry, just venting to you guys.

Jordan
Patience, my man. You are in the passenger seat and being taken for a ride. Sit back and enjoy the scenery. Soon enough you will be driving again.
Not to put your age down but you have a great deal of time to be patient. I am 42 and furloughed from the right seat in the Triassic jet. Just got an interview date for Comair and if all goes well, will be in class in Aug or Sept. Being anxious won't speed it up.
I started late in this field and can't get back the time that's gone but it is really the time that is left that matters. And when you are doing what you love - it is the best thing.
Unless you have frustrated career goals elsewhere, be patient and it will come.

sorry about that jordan, i meant to say that i will go WITH a july 14th start date as my guess. does anyone have an idea if there are alot of january and or february interview dates that where offered a job and still waiting for a class date? and travis i think i remember talking to you the night before the interview at the hotel on the elevator..congrats on getting the call hopefully we can get to class soon.. kris:cool:

As far as I know the Feb 21st interviews are still waiting for something. And a Captain from my current 121 interviewed a week before I did and he's still waiting on something. But before that I dunno. So it looks like atleaste back to the second week of Feb. still awaiting class.

I am happy that I have a job offer with COMAIR. That alone is a lot these days. I feel your pain Jordan..I am also a furlough from EAGLE...But atleast we have a job offer with comair.COMAIR IS A FIRST CLASS COMPANY. I interviwed mach 6th. I would say towards the end of july.:) i should be in ground school...

Hey guys I'm just watching this from the outside, but I was wondering how many there are in the pool,and how they pull you out of the pool, first interviewed first in class, or what, and are they still interviewing more. Good luck guys hope things happen faster for you all.

I haven't ay idea of how many are in the pool but from what I've heard they will be pulling those who interviewed first. There are also some military guys/gals who are still active duty..Some even interviewed last summer. They also get the first shot at the class. But if they are still active they get passed and then Comair should proceed down the list.

As far as I know the Feb 21st interviews should be in atleast the 2nd or MAYBE 3rd class. There is a chance we may get in the first class depending on the military folks. And I know of atleast one person who Interviewed a week before me (Feb. 14th or so) He said he was told to expect the first class. So It looks like the classes ended at the mid- Feb interviews.

I'm speculating that when things pick up they may have an initial rush to get some people started with class. Maybe they'll make the first couple of classes large. Like maybe 15-20 pepes. That'll get a substantial number of us in.

Also read today in the Montreal Gazzette that Bombardier's stock prices were only down about .08cents for the week..

Apparently analysts don't feel this work stoppage will last for more than a couple of weeks.:)( thats what the Gazette said) Something to wish for!!

Also one of the main cheezes at Bombardier is keeping his mouth shut about how this strike will affect deliveries of the CRJ by their 3 factories in Montreal.( Gazette's words) Maybe we're all gonna get lucky in June or July still...If the press doesn't know whats happening maybe Comair hasn't gotten any delivery news either??????????

Again Just Speculation on my part on that last thing

Hi guy's,

This message is for Jordan and anyone else in the Comair pool waiting for a class date, or just having been interviewed. You guy's that are young (meaning, 20's or early 30's) have all the time in the world. I have to hand it to all those that had the decipline to come this far so fast. I wish I was twenty four and on the verge of getting an RJ job. The odds are that you'll probably have a very successful flying career ahead ($$$). I'm 44 and have interviewed three times in the last four months, and got a part time job flying 414's for a new upstart. It is SO COMPETITIVE now that any interview, and hiring pool is a VERY good thing. Don't look at your peers making 50 to 70k, I have friends making in the high six figures. I left aviation for a while to make this salary, and made money to buy the house, the cars, land. But I was not happy until I started to fly again. So anyway, just be patient you guy's will do great when the time is right.

Your friend,

Av8ter

Hey Avi8tr,

thanks for the message. I know Jordan said he was 24 and I'll reveal my age as 23. I've been pretty lucky so far in flying. First airline job was at 22 and its been good (and of course bad for a few months) My current job is a lot of fun (Commutair) if the pay was livable for a lifetime I would stay here, but of course a FO at Comair makes more than a 5-10 yr. captain at Commutair so when Comair calls thats where I'll be.

My best friends parents own a bar so of course he gets to manage it and make about 36K a year. Not a ton of money but better off than my 20K a year as an FO on the Beech. My ohter buddy is doing alright for himself in contract siding, and I have some friends in engineering who already own more than one rental property.

But even after all they have I still only work a small number of days a month, have paid benefits, and am going to Daytona and Tampa for the second vacxation this month. No fake and baking for me, this is a real tan.;) And also love my job, I look forward to work EVERY day. (Except waking up at 4:30 am.) As long as I'm flying I think my frinds envy me and my 20k a year. Of course I can't wait to hit that 100K mark someday.

my .02 cents

Latest resources

Back