Guess your Comair class date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jordan

I interviewed March 5 and I will guess July 21. How about the rest of you waiting for a class date. Guess, I don't want to hear "well, it depends on bombadier" or "I'm not really sure".

Jordan,

I interviewed with you on the 5th (retiring Marine helo/C-12 guy in the industry standard blue suit, red tie). I'm guessing third week of June (depending on Bombardier). Oops! Couldn't help myself... ;)

Travis

mar. 5th interview also and i will go july 17th.. i am sure we talked but cant remeber who you two where? i sat in the conference room on the far left side, 3rd table in by myself, where did you two sit? i did the cog test for the last thing. and then went with a group of like 8 to the airport where you two in that group?

Feb 21st here..I wore the pink jumper with matching 60's style penny lofers...

I'm gonna guess July 3rd...

Redsox,

I was the farthest right seat in the first row. Interviewed in the first wave, did the cog test after lunch. Rode to the airport in a group of two vans, back to New Orleans by 5.

I'm cheating a bit here. The HR lady said she expected me to be in class by the middle of June before the strike started, so unless it goes on more than a couple of weeks (who knows?) I don't think the date will change much.

Long strike? We may all end up working somewhere else. I will say that I fly with a reserve guy here who was hired by Comair last Spring before the strike, had his class date cancelled because of the strike, got called in for a class, had that class cancelled (either 9/11 or the training backup problem), started training in December (I think) and is on the line now. So it appears that if you're willing to hang around, Comair will definitely honor their hiring offer.

Cheers,

Travis

Any Comair guys affected by stop-loss? If so what is the company telling you as far as the job offer?

Redsoxfan,

Are you saying you have a class date of July 14 or is that your guess (I am a bit confused)?

I hope that the class dates don't venture further than July. I am worried about that strike that this may result in a good number of us never making it to a class. I have been furloughed from one regional airline (CoEx) and put a lot of my eggs in Comairs basket. I have been putting my life on hold for the last 10 months and I could not handle another let down in the aviation business. If it comes down to me not being hired by Comair due to the supply of aircraft or such then I am debating whether or not to go down another career path.

Jordan,

Try not to get too down about it. I'm an Eagle furloughee and I feel your pain, but Comair will make good on their offer. They're a great bunch and the strike shouldn't last too long. 6 months from now you'll be sitting in a CRJ loving life. Plus, with you're interview date, you'll be in one of the first few classes. I'll be close behind.

Comair

If you have an offer from Comair then I wouldn't sweat it one bit. I had a Sept. 26th class (same day DAL announced a hiring freeze) and we showed up and got sent home by the VP of Ops. They promised all of us would be in the next class that started. Sure enough they came through on their promise, the key is to be patient and enjoy the time off you have now. The strike won't slow things down to much (speculation), after it is over it will get really busy in the training dept. Just hang in there, we're all looking forward to seeing you on line.... Shafted

Latest resources

Back