Guess your Comair class date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rightrudder,

Thanks for educating me. I thought you guys only had a 401K. My mistake. Air Whiskey is an excellent company and probably has a slightly better contract than us. I'll stick with Comair for a couple of reasons. One, we are a little bigger and in my book that means stability. Two, I like the affiliation with DAL. Three, they hired me.

Regards,

Caveman

I just ran into another pilot at Comair who had his tech eval the same day I did. I got the job two months sooner than he did, though. We have no idea why. Just wanted you guys to know that predicting class dates from interview dates might not be possible. Good luck to all.

PS,
I was once in the back seat of a 182, waiting at the hold short line somewhere in California, when I looked up to see the captain of an American Airlines DC-9 looking at me. He waved, and I waved back. I really appreciated that. Perhaps he was thinking that he would like to be flying the Cessna, and he knows I was thinking I would like to be in his shoes.

Thanks for bringing back that memory.

It's probably a little too soon to tell.

The other factor (short term) is the Bombardier strike. As I understand it, due to two consecutive quarters of financial loss by DAL, the block hour and other caps in the scope section of the DALPA/DAL PWA are now negotiable.

Your guess is as good as mine!

Fly safe!

I don't know if this info will help, but I was talking to
a Comair pilot last night he heard that training has been
suspended untill the end of may, because of the strike at Bombardier, be patient !!!

KSUS,

Thanks for keeping a heads up but those of us in the pool have known that for some time now. We're hoping for atleast a June class at best. They pushed back the classes to end of May or June about a month and a half ago.

:cool:

Latest resources

Back