• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guess Gary Kelly thinks AirTran does 1 thing better than Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well Ty you won't be starting any engines from the right seat at SWA. That start lever is for Captains only! We do some things a little different over here. Going to be a shock to some of you.

Secondly, if single engine taxi saved us even 5 million, let alone half a billion,...don't you think we would have adopted it at least 25 years ago??? Just sayin...:rolleyes:.....GOLLY!!

Nope it's true. I stand corrected. Apparently AT ALPA had Allen Greenspan himself run the numbers, and single engine taxi will actually save Southwest Airlines $17 Trillion dollars next year. Yes, you heard right, $17 Trillion, with a T!

Well Ty you won't be starting any engines from the right seat at SWA. That start lever is for Captains only! We do some things a little different over here. Going to be a shock to some of you.

I do things the way that the Company that's signing my paychecks wants it done. Right now, the FO's start the second engine, and we do it on the roll, with a few exceptions. I'm not sure why that's so hard for a few of you to get your minds around, but then again, no one ever accused Bobby D of missing work to attend any Mensa meetings, either.

Last edited:
Nope it's true. I stand corrected. Apparently AT ALPA had Allen Greenspan himself run the numbers, and single engine taxi will actually save Southwest Airlines $17 Trillion dollars next year. Yes, you heard right, $17 Trillion, with a T!

Still spewing nonsensical TOOL drivel….

Really?

This has to be one of the most dumb, shortsighted threads on this website. Can we please go back to discussing the sli or age 65:)

Many of us at former carriers have single engine taxied on a routine basis. Many of us have done so here at SWA.

Am I missing something?

Latest resources

Back