Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Slug

SWA Line Swine
I've got an interview at Dell tomorrow. They are big on not missing work "for any reason" (their quotes, not mine). I am a part time reservist at DelRio in the squathog and I'm down there about 10-12 days a month. I know this has been discussed here before, but searching, I can't find it. What is the government regs/rules concerning discriminating against or not letting you do you military duty. I will discuss this with the interviewer, but I was just wanted to do some research before I got shot down. Any help would be appreciated.

Slug

"Dell Computers, how can I help you?"

Dell

Slug,

I read an article recently about the importance of the boss-lift program during the current call-ups. It mentioned that many tech companies are getting more on board with taking care of their guard and reserve folks, and talked about Dell in particular.

I wouldn't sweat it, especially since you're not deployable.

So can you get me a discount???

T1bubba

thanks fellas

Thanks for the quick replies.

Dell discounts for all my friends!

Slug

all is kinda well

Well,

Despite the ESGR laws Dell did not feel obliged to offer me a position. In fact that was when the interview ended.......at my disclosure of Reserve duty. I think it was the fact that I was going to be gone 10 days/month at a full time job.

I've perused the above link, but couldn't find any time limits on the number of Reserve/Guard days per month. Anyone have any idea if there is a "limit"? Oh well.

Slug

How's it going Brett? I wish SWA would a least start something up here in the near future. Eating deep into the savings is getting old. Of course, I'm sure your familiar with that more than I.

Later

Slug,

You should contact the group JAG about your experience. I think the law only protects employees and doesn't effect potential employees. Employer is required to give you a total of five years off.

See you next time at the Ranch.

John

Bugsy, PM me

Hey Brett,

Give me a PM.

Chris B

Latest resources

Back