Guard BAT Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delta3

I was going to start to put my package together and I was wondering if I could take the BAT first before I took the AFOQT or completed my PCSM. I heard that I won't be able to, as the BAT doesn't have a "score", it's just combined with your final PCSM. But I'm hoping to get my instrument in a few months and I hope my added flight time will increase my PCSM.

If I take the BAT is my PCSM sealed so I can't add to it? Or can I update my PCSM every time I apply?

Also, does anyone know if any guard units have public open houses in the OH, PA, MI, IN area? I was planning to visit the Toledo OH ANG base as they had open houses in the past, but I checked their website and I can't find it.

If I remember correctly the flight hours are an extremely small part of the PCSM score. The PCSM is basically the AFOQT combined with your BAT "score". Just do good on the pilot and nav portions of the AFOQT and do the BAT and you should be fine. My PCSM came out to be 98 or 99 and I only had like 80 hours of flight time. So I wouldn't worry about trying to get a few extra hours to improve your PCSM. You can't do anything to prepare for the BAT, so I would focus on kicking butt on the AFOQT. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

The PCSM score is the final outcome of the tests taken and flight hours. PCSM includes BAT results (which you never see), AFOQT Pilot score, and flight hours. You cannot have a PCSM score unless you take both the AFOQT and the BAT.

There are three ways to bring up your PCSM score. 1. Additional flight hours (the max is 200). 2. Retake the AFOQT (you only get to take it twice ever so study up). 3. Retake the BAT. This is a new option, and I'm not sure of the details, but I know that dudes are able to take it twice.

My advice would be to contact a Reserve or ANG recruiter and get yourself scheduled for the AFOQT. Then study the ARCO book hard. Once you have your AFOQT scores back (you don't have to wait necessarily), call said recruiter and get set up to take the BAT. After those two tests are done, you will have your PCSM. Then you can call up those units and wow them with how great you are!:D

Delta 3

Here is a website that may answer your questions on the BAT. If you have any more they have contact info on there too. I had a few other ?'s and they got back to me the next day.
http://www.aetc.randolph.af.mil/sas/pcsm/
I do believe that you can update your flight hours after you take the test, but it will only consist of a few points.

Good Luck and study hard for the AFOQT
JS

The BAT test is the most over rated test out their. I think it tests your patience more than your actual eye/hand cooridination. It wasjust plain ridiculous!

Latest resources

Back