Group 3 Aviation KVNY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowlycfi

Does anyone have experience with Group 3 Aviation at VNY? I have a long layover in BUR next week and thought about getting a few hours in their Seminole. Thanks.

I can't remember much about Group 3. It's been awhile since I instructed in that area. But... taking a Seminole out of KVNY for a few hours sounds like a blast. Are you familiar with the area? If not, get a Los Angeles terminal chart and study the boundaries of KBUR's Class C, and LAX's Class B.

Do you already have a route picked out? If not, how about depart KVNY, shoot the VOR 26 into KCMA, ILS 25 KOXR, and then head up to KSBA for lunch. Park at Mercury and take the short walk to the beach for lunch. LDA-C back into KVNY and call it a day. That's about 2-2.5 hrs flight time. If you go in the AM you'll likely get .3-.5 of the world's safest IMC.

Have Fun!

Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like what I'm looking to do. Think I'll pick up some SoCal approach plates this week.

Also, does anyone have an idea about how much a cab ride would be from downtown Burbank to VNY?

lowlycfi said:
Also, does anyone have an idea about how much a cab ride would be from downtown Burbank to VNY?
Usually cheaper and easier to rent a car for that trip (I've done it many times).

O.k., got their Seminole schedued for about three hours with an instructor next Saturday. Still would appreciate any info on this place.

Latest resources

Back