Grounded aviation jobs to be cleared for takeoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So! I have two PIC jet types and just turned 24! Geez lol

I really love flying with guys like you. So easy, it is just so easy.

The simple fact that you need to show everybody what a jet jock you are, all I would have to do is sit back and watch the show begin. Going into DFW, ATL, ORD, MDW or the like, all I would have to say is "your leg"

Strange industry isn't it? Spirit could have gotten a much more experienced pilot for same amount of money but they chose to hire a (extremely) less experienced person. I'll be the first to admit that experience alone isn't everything but all other things being equal the more experienced pilot would be the better choice. I mean, let's say for instance the CA becomes incapacitated during flight under difficult conditions. Is the safety of the passengers best served by having an FO who has never been in command of a transport airplane or by having someone with a few thousand hours of previous captain experience who has developed solid judgement and decision making skills? For comparison sake, how many pilots get hired at JetBlue, Southwest or AirTran without substantial amounts of previous turbine PIC experience?

What is with that limitation? I have heard of companies with op specs that limit their circling approaches, but I didn't know they limited pilots certificates.

Most training departments don't bother with checking the circling approach because it's not authorized in their opspecs (not to mention it's totally unrealistic to train for in the sim). My company used to give you the option to do it and remove the limitation, but too many people still busted on that and they ended up not even letting people try.

Latest resources

Back