Greenjets - Shared-Ride Private Jet Service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
waka,

shouldn't you be out now collecting recyclables in your special green bag.

you spout this green crap on this forum, but you still have 8000 hours of pumping hazardous gases into our atmosphere. do you use veggie oil as fuel?

By your definition, you are the cause of global warming. why don't you quit flying and stop changing our weather patterns.

;)

y

I'm sorry for all of us that you consider environmental awareness and responsibility as "crap".

Yes, ultimately, we all are the cause of global climate change and whether or not I fly airplanes doesn't change that. We live in an industrialized society and in order to have zero impact, I would need to live free of the grid, eat off the land etc. and I'm not hippie enough for that. Even then, we humans are relatively hairless, clawless and toothless and we must manipulate our environment (make clothing, shelter, fire etc.) to survive. The question is, doing it responsibly and not abusing the Earth with reckless abandon as we are today.

That said, many airplanes are actually pretty efficient-considering the loads carried, speed and distance. So, I'm fine with flying for a living and being green......especially since it is our payload that is the reason we're flying, not us. They just hire us to get the plane to its destination. i.e. If the airlines ever had to pay for carbon credits, we pilots aren't going to get the bill. It would ultimately be paid for by the people paying for the flight.

BTW; My recycling is finished for the week:cool:

Last edited:
:laugh:
Shut up or I'll club you like a baby seal :smash: !!!!!!!
:laugh:

Waka,
One stinking volcano goes off and puts everything man has done in the last 100 years to shame. Go peddle you snake oil elsewhere.
I am going to burn all my yard waste, and maybe a few pressure treated 2x4's, now. :D

:laugh::laugh:

Waka,
One stinking volcano goes off and puts everything man has done in the last 100 years to shame. Go peddle you snake oil elsewhere.
I am going to burn all my yard waste, and maybe a few pressure treated 2x4's, now. :D

Sorry pal, there are much MUCH more knowledgeable people that disagrees with you.:smash: Quit getting your talking points spoonfed to you from Fox News.

Volcanic Gases and Their Effects, United States Geological Survey

Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.
Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1999, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 2006) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2, through 2003.]. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)

This bears repeating;
Who am I to believe? The NSF, its equivalent in other countries, overwhelming majority of universities and even the major oil companies?

-or-

denial brought on by "profits first" politically motivated preconceived notions and babbling right wing radio talk show hosts?

I choose the scientists.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back